Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radial and Bias Ply

4 posters

Go down

Radial and Bias Ply Empty Radial and Bias Ply

Post  jackholl Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:45 pm

I've looked and looked and find and can't find the answer, but I know some of you guys will know. Will I encounter any problems by running a radial on the back and a bias ply on the front? I bought my kumho several months ago and have just not gotten around to putting it on. I need to get my new tires on before the weather gets too good. I'd appreciate any advice yall might have.

Thanks,
Jack

jackholl

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Radial and Bias Ply Empty RE RADIAL AND BIAS PLY

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:34 pm

I think you can run them that way.But cannot run radial on front and bias on back without getting squirley.I have never tried on a bike but I think that is the way it worked on a car (sure been a long time ago though). Good luck lol! Larry
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Radial and Bias Ply Empty Re: Radial and Bias Ply

Post  smokey2255 Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:38 pm

you can run a bias up front with a radial on the rear with absolutely no issues. dont know of anyone that went the other way. Kind of hard to find a biasply cartire for the rear.

See youout there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

I have ran radial on the rear and bias on the front of my S and I have run a radial on the front and a bias on the rear (mc tire) and havent had any problems at all. Right now, I have a ct radial on the rear and a bias on the front, and going back to the 150-17 radial on the front because it last longer and handles better. This is on the S model, I dont know about the C. They say you cant run a ct on a bike also. Very Happy
I love it when they tell me I cant do something. I usely have to try it for my self. Laughing

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jackholl Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear what you guys said. I've been planning for months to go over to the darkside. I bought a Kumho several months ago, but still had a lot of tread left on the mc tire and have been wearing it out. Well, It's about used up and I plan on getting my ct mounted before spring gets here.

Thanks

jackholl

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down