Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire information

3 posters

Go down

Tire information Empty Tire information

Post  ace lucas Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi all, I Came to the decision that I will have to come to the Darksiders for the best and most accurate info. last summer I purchased a Vredestein 165 hr 15h classic sprint tire to mount on my 2004 1300 S. I took it to the MC shop to have it mounted and the guy that tried to mount it had it way off center when he was trying to seat the bead. he kept on putting more air in and the tire blew, it blew about 10 feet into the air and came completely off the rim, when the wheel hit the floor it bent the wheel and the rotor, I then had to replace the wheel and tire. well now its time to try it again but this time I will mount the tire myself. I chose this tire because it is the old style tire with rounded edges like a MC tire, and the edges of the tire tread run the same direction. What I would like is for all the Darksiders to check out my tire on the computer and give me your opinion. also How many 1300 darksiders have spoked wheels, what problems to expect while mounting. what tire pressure to be used with a CT. Thanks for your help-----------ace[b]

ace lucas

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Tire information Empty Re: Tire information

Post  jedishon Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 am

I couldn't find the tire. What I can say is one of the reasons that I went with a ct is to get more tread on the road. You don't have to have rounded edges. The 1300 is not a sport bike, you will be draging your pegs long before you get to the edge of the tire. Have you sealed the rim or are you using a tube? There are threads here covering both. Take your time, do your research, and choose a tire you will be happy with. The search feature works. You can look up sealing rims, or pretty much anything else you want to know. Feel free to ask any questions you have, there is an abundance of knowledge here.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 am

It's best to go with a tried and true tire the first time. Several tires here have "rounded" edges and great tread patterns. And lot's of tire stores and dealers are installing them now, successfully.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down