Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot

+2
twin1300
2006Jackpot
6 posters

Go down

Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot Empty Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot

Post  2006Jackpot Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:23 am

Cuirous if anyone has went to the DS on a Victory Jackpot. Or if I can get recomendations on what tire/size would potentially work. I run a Metzler 880XL 260VR18.
Thanks

2006Jackpot

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot Empty Re: Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot

Post  twin1300 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 am

Give us a little bit to think about this! We will get back with you!

Welcome to our site and glad to have you here! Make yourself at home!........ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 am

Welcome to the site...the search feature should help you find a tire comparison guide....Could be a good starting point....But Twins the man....If he can't find it , no one will....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Bet that 880 Metzler is a pricey tire. You'll probably have to go with something like a 265 x 65 x 18, and these aren't cheap.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?rc=TXDINT&cf=false&c=1&sw=false&cs=265&pc=30213&rd=18&ar=65&tc=GDYRHD&rf=true

There are a few measurements that will need to be made. Height, clearence and such. Twin has a forumula that will work.

Nice bikes those Victories. Let us know how it turns out.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  2006Jackpot Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 am

All Thanks for the warm welcome.
Bobby "Twin1300" thanks for taking some time to investigate this for me. Also great signature it's nice to see fellow riders, actually anyone, willing to show their faith! Very Happy
The metzler is a bit on the pricey side. My local bike shop can get it for my for $245.00 So if possible I am willing to try the Dark Side. And from what I have read here I should be happy with that decision.
Thanks again!

2006Jackpot

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 am

Jackpot,

Thanks.....I am nothing without my faith in Christ! Jn15:5

I am still looking! If we can get you a car tire....you will dearly love! I wonder how I rode without now that I think about it! The darkside will do every thing a motorcycle tire will do.....ONLY 10 time better. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!

.........................bobby

Last edited by twin1300 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:20 am

twin1300 wrote:Jackpot,

Thanks.....I am nothing without my faith in Christ! Jn15:5

I am still looking! If we can get you a car tire....you will dearly love! I wonder how I rode without now that I think about it! The darkside will do every thing a car tire will do.....ONLY 10 time better. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!

.........................bobby

Twin ...SLOW down, I know you get excited, but slow down........The darkside is a car tire.....It will do everything a motorcycle tire will do......Now take a deep breath and relax......Smoetimes Jackpot, you just have to excuse him, but dont make excuses for him cause we love him the way he is......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 am

Thanks Jerry! I was re-writing it and forgot to change some things....my boss wanted me, so I hurried up and posted it!..........hey....it's my story, I will tell it like I want!Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 am

twin1300 wrote:Thanks Jerry! I was re-writing it and forgot to change some things....my boss wanted me, so I hurried up and posted it!..........hey....it's my story, I will tell it like I want!Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

......................bobby

Yes Bobby

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot Empty Jackpot darksiding

Post  maragorn Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm

I have a little experience in this. I went through this same effort to select the tires we were able to use to go to the darkside on the Victory TC.

There are several things you have to consider when selecting a darkside tire. Wheel diameter, obviously and rim width. Overall width of the tire and overall diameter of the tire.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=91

Dunlop indicates the stock tire for the Jackpot is a 250/40R18. According to their specs, the 18" wheel has an 8.5" wide rim. The stock tire has a 10.02" overall width and a 26.20 overall diameter.

Making a wild guess as to what might be a good tire size, I did a search at Tire Rack for a 225/45-18 tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=225%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All&x=96&y=14

Looking at the picture the first tire, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, looks like it might be a nice darkside tire, so I look at the specs for the tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R&partnum=245WR8RE01R&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Look at the 18" diameter tires, obviously. There is a lot of data here, but after looking, it seems to me that the 245/45ZR18 may be the best tire here. The tire will fit on a 7.5" to 9" wide rim, so that works. The overall width is 9.6", less than the 10.02" of the stock tire. The overall diameter is 26.7", 0.50" greater than the stock 26.20". That means it will stick up into the fender 1/4" more than the stock tire.

You need to look at your bike and evaluate whether this tire might fit. Remember the profile of the car tire is more square than the bike tire. Look for possible interferences. You may have to go with a slightly smaller tire to fit without any modifications.

This is what I did for the Victory TC, and I can say that this method did work. Anybody that has another approach or a comment, please chime in.

maragorn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://throwthescoundrelsout.blogtownhall.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:49 am

maragorn wrote:I have a little experience in this. I went through this same effort to select the tires we were able to use to go to the darkside on the Victory TC.

There are several things you have to consider when selecting a darkside tire. Wheel diameter, obviously and rim width. Overall width of the tire and overall diameter of the tire.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=91

Dunlop indicates the stock tire for the Jackpot is a 250/40R18. According to their specs, the 18" wheel has an 8.5" wide rim. The stock tire has a 10.02" overall width and a 26.20 overall diameter.

Making a wild guess as to what might be a good tire size, I did a search at Tire Rack for a 225/45-18 tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=225%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All&x=96&y=14

Looking at the picture the first tire, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, looks like it might be a nice darkside tire, so I look at the specs for the tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE-01R&partnum=245WR8RE01R&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Look at the 18" diameter tires, obviously. There is a lot of data here, but after looking, it seems to me that the 245/45ZR18 may be the best tire here. The tire will fit on a 7.5" to 9" wide rim, so that works. The overall width is 9.6", less than the 10.02" of the stock tire. The overall diameter is 26.7", 0.50" greater than the stock 26.20". That means it will stick up into the fender 1/4" more than the stock tire.

You need to look at your bike and evaluate whether this tire might fit. Remember the profile of the car tire is more square than the bike tire. Look for possible interferences. You may have to go with a slightly smaller tire to fit without any modifications.

This is what I did for the Victory TC, and I can say that this method did work. Anybody that has another approach or a comment, please chime in.

sounds good to me!

Got a pic of your darkside Question Question Very Happy
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:18 am

+1...please send pics! I would love to see this!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dark Side on a Victory Jackpot Empty Victory TC on the Darkside

Post  maragorn Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 am

I will see if I can find a pic. As I noted elsewhere (I think), I lived on Galveston during hurricane Ike. My house flooded 5" deep, then burned to the ground. All 3 Vics were still in the garage, along with cameras, etc.

But I may have a pic somewhere.

maragorn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://throwthescoundrelsout.blogtownhall.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down