Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!!

3 posters

Go down

Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!! Empty Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!!

Post  wiggans50cal Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:36 am

Ill try to make this short and sweet, I have been informed through the threads here that the 165-80-15 general grabber is the way to go. I am under the impression that this size of this tire will handle the best of all car tires around curves and not give me any funky movements around curves. I have heard of people using VW tires and they say they cant tell a difference around curves between it and their old M/T, which is telling me that it is rounded enough it feels very stable. So........ here is what i am asking you guys. What size and brand of tire should i get to get MAXIMUM handling, and overall performance? thanks for your help, i appreciate all of your posts!!!

wiggans50cal

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!! Empty Re: Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!!

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:54 am

I went straight to the 205 when I converted, so all I know about the 165 is what I have read hear... The 165 of choice seems to be the Kumho. I have never head anything bad about this tire....

Sorry I can't help more....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!! Empty Re: Going Darkside soon, need final advise!!!

Post  twin1300 Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:52 pm

I have ridden both the 165 and the 205.......Don't make me make a choice.....both have there own rights!

I just read that you have and S model.....I suggest the 165 for easier mounting....205's are harder to mount on an S model.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down