Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing

+2
smokey2255
Muntz
6 posters

Go down

Missing Empty Missing

Post  Muntz Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:07 pm

As many of you have noticed I haven't been up to my normal post-ho activities. I've been busy working on the house and yard, searching for a new job and other general stuff that I've been neglecting for a while.

I think that all the stress of the job over the last month has worn me out completely. I think I spent alot of time online in order to offset the reality that was closing in on me. Actually Im releived that "its over".

Today I went to pick up my bars and I spoke breifly with the owner of the Honda dealership and told him I left my other job and that I was "available" if he had any openings on the sales floor.

Then I went to pick up my final paycheck. The owner said that we needed to talk but the CPA was there and she asked me to come back in an hour.

Figuring I was in for a battle, I remembered that my attorney had called on monday saying I needed to come by and sign the final copy of the child support increase. I figured it was a good time to ask him a few questions about the "meeting" I had comming up in an hour. He gave me a few quick pointers and prepared me for war.

When I went back a little over an hour later the CPA was still there. I sat down and read the newspaper for about 20 mins and then got up to walk out. The owner met me as I was heading out the door. Basicly our meeting was nothing I expected. She was nice and I played "friendly". Both of us basicly saying that financially it wasn't feasable for me to stay and that we both regretted that it had come to this. She said that she didn't want to burn any bridges and that the "debt" would be written off. ((I've refuted this "debt" from the beginning)) I simply said I had to find something that would support my family. ((skirting the issue as much as possible)) She gave me my pink slip and my final check, minus the weekly repayment of course. ((Again I didnt make an issue)) Then she told me that she would not contest unemplyment if I wanted to file for it. Next she blew my mind. She told me that if I wanted her to that she would write me an excellent letter of recommendation. (( I said that it sure would help, and when could I pick it up -- next week she said)) Lastly she asked that if I would be interested in a contract labor situation. I told her that I had several irons in the fire and that while I appreciated the offer that I had to be able to be out "beating the street" and that I had to be able to cut and run if I was called for a second interview. I told her that I didn't want either of us to have false hope and that I needed something that would truely support my family in the long run. Then she talked about the upcomming election and the economy and her 27 yrs in business and that the bounce next year would be amazing if history repeated itself. She asked that if things were better next year would I entertain a call from her and possibly sitdown to negotiate a deal to "come back". I told her yes I would, but that meantime that letter of recommendation meant alot to me getting a job right now. I wished her and the business good luck and told her I had no ill will toward them. I stood to leave and she gave me a hug.

Wow.

The whole thing was surreal. I know that if by next year I'm not in a FAR better situation that I would sit down with her and try to hammer out a deal. BUT this time it would involve 2 different things than our past agreements.
#1 A lawyer of MY CHOOSING.
#2 A golden parachute clause.
Without both of those I wouldn't be interested.

Anyhow, tomorrow is work on the bike and ride day, provided the weather holds out. I'll be installing the new bars and putting on the rear seat, backrest, new sissybar and luggage rack (( its the same one in my photo, replaced by the mfg for rusting )). I have a little scratch in the tank from my belt buckle that I'm going to have buffed out ((if possible)).

Friday, Sat & Sun I plan on working on the yard and House again. I've got to take advantage of this "down time".

I dont know what the future holds for me. I do know that it is all in God's Hands. I will land where he intends for me to be. My wife and I have a Peace about all of this and most people dont understand it. Yes I am concerned about my family's financial future but I am not worried.

Thanks to all of those who have worried about me, and what was going on and where I was.

A special thanks going out to Smokey for calling and checking up on me today and letting me know that many of you were concerned about me.

Until next time.
Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Missing Empty Re: Missing

Post  smokey2255 Thu May 01, 2008 12:44 am

Muntz
I believe Ms. Judy to be sincere in her offer about next year. She seemed like good people to me ........ easy on the eyes too Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing Keep the faith brother, I emailed another of my buddies from the plant I worked at down there and gave him a heads up about you. Now all you have to do is pass the test .......... the psyche part concerns me for you Laughing Laughing Laughing But just keep in mind that I passed it Rolling Eyes Laughing Yep, that, my friend was a direct challenge. The lord will provide.

Take care brother

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 01, 2008 6:55 am

Muntz, my friend, you will indeed be okay.....cheers cheers cheers

Uncle Jerr
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu May 01, 2008 7:11 am

Thanks for the update. It was good hearing from you. Been wondering. As you said that you have a peace. You will remain in that state of mind when you realize that you have favor and the next job/blessings are about to be received.

Peace.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 am

smokey2255 wrote:Muntz
I believe Ms. Judy to be sincere in her offer about next year. She seemed like good people to me ........ easy on the eyes too Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing Keep the faith brother, I emailed another of my buddies from the plant I worked at down there and gave him a heads up about you. Now all you have to do is pass the test .......... the psyche part concerns me for you Laughing Laughing Laughing But just keep in mind that I passed it Rolling Eyes Laughing Yep, that, my friend was a direct challenge. The lord will provide.

Take care brother

See you out there
Smokey

and what would her being easy on the eyes have any thing to do with this situation

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 01, 2008 7:43 am

mrssmokey2255 wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:Muntz

Take care brother

See you out there
Smokey

and what would her being easy on the eyes have any thing to do with this situation

OUCH.....

Uncle Jerr
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 01, 2008 7:49 am

Hey Muntz,

Sorry I couldn't have lunch yesterday. I had a programming tech session I was in. What happened to the air conditioning job?????

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am

twin1300 wrote:Hey Muntz,

Sorry I couldn't have lunch yesterday. I had a programming tech session I was in. What happened to the air conditioning job?????

................bobby

I had a 2 hour interview with the A/C Warehouse on Thursday last week. Their home office in Houston has to do background checks and drivers license checks then they will have drug screenings etc. I told them that in all of those areas they are going to find that my background isn't too exciting. He told me that all of this takes some time and that I would need to be patient, that when it came to important matters, that they never get in a hurry.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 am

Good to hear your okay Muntz.

Just remember ... when the Lord Shuts a window on you, he always opens a door. Keep the faith and you'll be just fine!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 11:54 am

I totally understand the Peace that you feel. With all that has happened in my family the past two years, I have a great deal of Peace about it all. Life will go on and it will be good. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Plus, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who "disappears" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's good to see you posting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu May 01, 2008 9:21 pm

shebear wrote:I totally understand the Peace that you feel. With all that has happened in my family the past two years, I have a great deal of Peace about it all. Life will go on and it will be good. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Plus, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who "disappears" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's good to see you posting.

Thanks Shebear from one disappearee to another. Wink
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down