Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment

+6
DitchDiggerB
Toasted_311
Tanglefoot
twin1300
motorcyclereb
smokey2255
10 posters

Go down

Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment Empty Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:51 am

Some of you know I have a 22 yr old daughter that is currently serving in the NAVY. She just returned to home port today after 6 months deployment to the Persian Gulf. She is on a helo carrier and works the flightdeck. (don't ask, it's what she wanted to do) anyway just wanted to share our relief with all.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment Empty Re: Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:52 am

Oh and it's motorcycle related cause HER DADDY RIDES A BIKE
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment Empty Re: Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment

Post  motorcyclereb Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:44 am

Smokey I feel your relief, my youngest son spent 5 tours in Irac with his SF unit, and we all breathed easier when he was home. Please tell her thank you for her time and service, and giver her a big hug.
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:45 am

I guess this is the point where........ I just want to thank God for taking care of our families by returning them home to us and that God would comfort those families who children, fathers, sisters, brothers, husbands, daughters, and mothers who don't get to come home.

No greater love than this.....that a man would lay down his life for friends. (said by my hero..Jesus Christ)

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Oldest daughter home from 6 month deployment Empty Daughter back from Tour in the Persian Gulf

Post  Tanglefoot Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Smokey I am happy your daughter had a safe return and I hope she will be able to spend Christmas with ya'll. Brother, that would be a great Christmas present. 🎅 🎅 🎅 🎅 🎅 🎅
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Smokey, that is wonderful news that I can really relate to. My son was in the Navy on a frigate running down drug and gun smugglers. I was sooooo relieved when he finally came home and again when he fulfilled his time obligation. He had a rough time of it and we simply had him move in with us for however long he wanted after he got out. I'm a Master's level Mental Health counselor with lots of experience treating PTSD. We spent many nights talking and when he left, he was as whole and sound as he will ever be and knows when to get help if he needs it.

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:13 pm

shebear wrote:Smokey, that is wonderful news that I can really relate to. My son was in the Navy on a frigate running down drug and gun smugglers. I was sooooo relieved when he finally came home and again when he fulfilled his time obligation. He had a rough time of it and we simply had him move in with us for however long he wanted after he got out. I'm a Master's level Mental Health counselor with lots of experience treating PTSD. We spent many nights talking and when he left, he was as whole and sound as he will ever be and knows when to get help if he needs it.

Shebear

Glad he had the help when he got home. I spent ( years in the nave 5 of it on a frigate doing the same stuff. The main thing I can say it did for me was teach me to wear many hats and keep them straight. Tough duty but I also found it very rewarding. I thrived on the constant action. To this day that is a fault as I don't do mundane routines very well. But let the plant or any situation go south and I am in my element. Peace and pryers sent your son.

Our daughter will make it home to us on the 8th of Jan. We are holding Christmas for her and her fella. He too is a sailor and this will be our first time meeting him but he has to be a good guy as he has been with her for 2 years and they are doing good.
Merry Christmas all

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Good news. Just in time for the holidays. 🎅
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DitchDiggerB Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:30 pm

Glad she's home safe and sound. Our oldest son did 3 tours over there, his wife did one and our youngest son is fixing to go. So yea I share your reliel also.
DitchDiggerB
DitchDiggerB

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 pm

DitchDiggerB wrote:Glad she's home safe and sound. Our oldest son did 3 tours over there, his wife did one and our youngest son is fixing to go. So yea I share your reliel also.

I am sure you do. Keeps us posted on their deployments.
And welcome to the forum
Thanks
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:22 am

Glad she is back: Tell her thanks for her service our hearts and prayers are with all who are, and have been deployed over there. ❤ My Son is over there now. if God is willing he will be home next month 🎅
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 am

Don't know how I missed this one. I'm glad you got to spend some of the holidays with her. So fill us in. I know you had to have taken some pictures.....So where are they????? Hope it was a good time with tears of joy.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm

jedishon wrote:Don't know how I missed this one. I'm glad you got to spend some of the holidays with her. So fill us in. I know you had to have taken some pictures.....So where are they????? Hope it was a good time with tears of joy.

Jerry

twin1300 wrote:I guess this is the point where........ I just want to thank God for taking care of our families by returning them home to us and that God would comfort those families who children, fathers, sisters, brothers, husbands, daughters, and mothers who don't get to come home.

No greater love than this.....that a man would lay down his life for friends. (said by my hero..Jesus Christ)

I couldn't have said it any better yall.

Smokey give her a hug from us.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Great to hear Smokey, enjoy the time she can join with you.
Respect for what she as well as all others are doing for your country,
for democracy.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down