Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tires

+6
insp#484
DS-Wing-Nut
smokey2255
gstanfield
Badmoon
wayne
10 posters

Go down

Car tires Empty Car tires

Post  wayne Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Havent heard much about how the ct s are doing.
Would like to hear some feedback on how they are doing after you get some miles on them.
Any regrets or anything like that.
How many miles you have on them.

Now that work has slowed down, Im going to be getting one in the next week or so, and still undecided on which one I want to get.
So I need you guys to help me make up my mind.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Car tires Empty Re: Car tires

Post  Badmoon Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Im in the same boat brother, cept mine is in the shop waiting on me to get my sheet togather. To put it on. I have already purchased mine tho. It is the Toyo Proxy 205 45-18. Going on an 1800 F

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 pm

I've only put about 800 miles or so on ym general grabber (205/70R15) but I love it so far. I've run it slow, hard curves, snow, ice, water, dry, rain grooves (super smooth there) and even did 99.9 miles in 1 hour 2 minutes and so far I've had no complaints.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:20 pm

gstanfield wrote:I've only put about 800 miles or so on ym general grabber (205/70R15) but I love it so far. I've run it slow, hard curves, snow, ice, water, dry, rain grooves (super smooth there) and even did 99.9 miles in 1 hour 2 minutes and so far I've had no complaints.

George

Sure am glad you didn't go 100 miles in an hour .... I hate it when someone challenges me like that Laughing

Good run

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 pm

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!... I've got over 3,000 miles on mine so far. I'll never go back to a m.t. I have only had great results. No worries at all. Mine has no bad habits and it's always got grip! in the dry, or wet. I just LOVE it.

I'm SO glad I decided to try the Darkside. I don't regret the decision AT All. Hope this gives you some Idea of how much I love the darkside Car Tire.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:38 pm

The reason I didn't make it 100 miles in an hour is I was bucking a 30-40 mph headwind and was full throttle the entire time. I actually ran an entire tank through in 99.9 miles which is how i know exactly how far I went Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:36 pm

gstanfield wrote:The reason I didn't make it 100 miles in an hour is I was bucking a 30-40 mph headwind and was full throttle the entire time. I actually ran an entire tank through in 99.9 miles which is how i know exactly how far I went Smile

George

That is sweet. And what kind of instructor are you? Hum and riding a darkside too. Double Hum.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey yall watch yourself ........ Moons doin hum hummers now Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I put 11,00 on the 165 kumho and it was thrashed at the end of its tenure, lots of smokey burnouts and lots and lots of hard fun riding. I now have a 205 with about 10 miles on it romping around town. My buddies are trippin on me cause I was out on a new tire, first run after months of tore down and maintenance and my shake down run was WOT(few blocks at a time) board dragging romps, not knowing the mechanical integrity of my work Laughing . The 205 just ate it all up. Even emergency braking in the snady intersections and breaking it loose it stayed right there behind me. Not now not ever will this kid intentionally ride on another motor cycle tire.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  insp#484 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:05 am

my 205 /70 is grand such a smooth ride the greatest thing is the look of the bike and knowing you wont need another tire for a very long time. theres just somrthing about a c with a dark side 205 thats wicked cool to me
insp#484
insp#484

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Moon, I am a MSF riderCoach, but that doesn't mean I am opposed to safe fun and out here there's nothing in the way of running a little fast.

Then again as I've said before, I'm not worthless, I can be used as a BAD example Wink

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:17 pm

gstanfield wrote:Moon, I am a MSF riderCoach, but that doesn't mean I am opposed to safe fun and out here there's nothing in the way of running a little fast.

Then again as I've said before, I'm not worthless, I can be used as a BAD example Wink

George

That is what I was thinking Goorge. Do they give you any problems running dark with the MSF? What are there views on it? Just askin.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:27 pm

I've had one other RiderCoach ride my bike and he couldn't tell a difference and the other ones I talked to about it didn't really seem suprised or concerned, but kinda made it clear they had no interest in it either. The big test willc ome this weekend as I am teachign with the main boss and I'm certain he will tell me it is stupid, but I'm also certain he will ride my bike just to be sure he is right. He's that kind of guy.

If you ever watch the show "House" then you know my boss, he is just like House, extremely good at his job, rarely wrong, cocky, knows he is good and doesn't mind telling people they are wrong. I still like him though even though most people would rather not be around him, He's Damn good at his job.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Had 15+k on my 165r15 Dayton...ate it all up. Alot of burn outs...rain...twisties..everything.

Got almost 8k on my HydraEdge 205...loving it more. cheers
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bigd_74 Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:54 pm

16k on my 165R15 Kelly Arizonian & 1k on the 205/65/15 Falken. Gonna take it off & have Discount Tire take a look at it - maybe get a new one pro-rated or something. Gotta fix the wobble that it has. Ain't going back to an MC tire though - that's for dang sure! Cool
bigd_74
bigd_74

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:23 pm

Was wondering how the Falken was doing. Sears has one for $62. They said they are getting rid of them. they also have a Remington Magaum II they said it was made by GoodYear, for $42 and it will fit ok. they have one in a 215-60/15 that will also fit, Its not directional, and its the same height as the 205-65 15, Its has a soft side wall so Im very sure it will fit. I may go by there tomorrow and pick it up.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:24 am

wayne wrote:Was wondering how the Falken was doing. Sears has one for $62. They said they are getting rid of them. they also have a Remington Magaum II they said it was made by GoodYear, for $42 and it will fit ok. they have one in a 215-60/15 that will also fit, Its not directional, and its the same height as the 205-65 15, Its has a soft side wall so Im very sure it will fit. I may go by there tomorrow and pick it up.

Let us know how it comes out????? Plus send pics of what you are doing. It sounds good! I looked at a 215 also and would love to try that thing. I posted the pics of it on the wideside thread in the 1300 section.

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 am

Its the right height. I dont know how much wider you can go, How much clearance do you have?

The tire does have a soft side wall and kinda of a rounded profile on the tread. And it not as good looking as the 512 but it may be better for a m/c

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am

wayne wrote:Its the right height. I dont know how much wider you can go, How much clearance do you have?

The tire does have a soft side wall and kinda of a rounded profile on the tread. And it not as good looking as the 512 but it may be better for a m/c

If you go to the wideside tread on the 1300 section, I got pics of how much room between my swingarm and tire and it's 3/4" on both sides. Looks like plenty of room to me........... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 pm

2k on my Kumho. No problems. I commute 15 miles per day on it and took it from Dallas to Kansas recently. Got it up to 90 (for awhile I might add) - nice and smooth.

The contact patch is so wide that you will "feel" grooved pavement. Feels like the back tire is flat. But this is a good thing. Mo contact is mo better. Just something that I had to get used to.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 pm

I went with a 205-65 from Sears, I dont think any one else is running it, Its made by Good Year, I forgot the name of it and dont want to run to the shop, Ill be out of town tomorrow, will post later.
Oh, and the great thing about it, it was $49.95 Very Happy

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down