Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where in houston area

+3
nodakbassmaster
jedishon
bs1800
7 posters

Go down

where in houston area Empty where in houston area

Post  bs1800 Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:54 am

I live in baytown tx just east of houston and im looking for someone to mount a car tire on my 02 vtx 1800c. All the diffrent leads that I had have floped. I ask the question and I usually get the ( oh my god oh the hummanity) speach and that were all going to die. Any leads as to who can mount a c/t for me would be great.

Im pretty good at turning wrenchs and would do this myself but I would like to have it ballanced and Ive heard the rims are pretty east to screw up.

bs1800

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

where in houston area Empty Re: where in houston area

Post  jedishon Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:15 am

bs1800 Welcome to the site. I am sure some form Texas will be along shortly to answer your question. It might have been answered in the "twins wideside mod" thread. You could do it your self and use Dynabeads to balance it with. Gary in Indiana sells them and we have a link to him in the Vendor area.
Good luck and enjoy the site. Lots of good people here.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:08 pm

could always take the tire off yourself and tell the shop it's going on a trike! Doubt they'd care then!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Vteeman Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:47 pm

I took my tire and rim to the dealer and they removed my tire for $15, I told them I was shipping my rim out to a polisher and did not want the extra weight. They did it with out question. Putting the tire on is not all that hard using some dish soap.

Vteeman

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  bs1800 Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 pm

If I put it my self who would ballance it. Would a motorcycle shop still throw a hissy fit or would they not care since they did not install it.

One of my leads that I called was Houston Motor Trike thinking they for sure they would do it and they flat refused. I said dont you put c/t on trikes. He said yes but not on bikes. Im really baffeled why everyone is so resisitant on this. The only thing that they say is that there is no tread on the side wall and I tell them Im not going to drive on the side walls. Theres not any tread on the side walls of my m/t either, a little more round yes but no tread. I guess im just stupid and dont get it.

bs1800

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:20 pm

bs1800 wrote:If I put it my self who would ballance it. Would a motorcycle shop still throw a hissy fit On to the questions at hand.or would they not care since they did not install it.

One of my leads that I called was Houston Motor Trike thinking they for sure they would do it and they flat refused. I said dont you put c/t on trikes. He said yes but not on bikes. Im really baffeled why everyone is so resisitant on this. The only thing that they say is that there is no tread on the side wall and I tell them Im not going to drive on the side walls. Theres not any tread on the side walls of my m/t either, a little more round yes but no tread. I guess im just stupid and dont get it.

BS,

Glad to have you here and welcome to the Darkside! Make yourself at home.

You do NOT need to balance the tire if you use the Dyna Balancing beads. Most of the guys here use them with 100% success. See our vendor page and look up "Gary in Indiana". He is a rep! I am going to them front and rear! Just tell what you are running on your bike (the kind of tires) and he will set you up!

Contact DocRawk or PopsVTX or some of our Texas guys. Look under the 1300 or 1800 tech sections under our stickies with the Darkside list. Names and States are listed. Pm those guys. A motorcycle shop did mine and didn't throw a hissy, but they were familiar with the car tire already!

You are NOT stupid, it just others choose to stick there heads in the sand and refuse to learn about the car tire and it's pluses! You are among friends here.

...................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 am

I'm sure if you check with the Texas X Riders they would be able to help you find a place to get it done, or at least a place that would be more then willing to help you out.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 am

I was oddly fortunate in the Dallas area... I had a buddy who was buying his son a bike at this used dealership that sorta specializes in sport bikes, but the owner is a Gold Winger who mounted a DS tire once, but never got to try it as the bike got broadsided with his son driving it the same day he got the car tire mounted.... long story short (TOO LATE!) they knew it was possible and since they sell bikes that go 200 MPH already (and are paid to make them go FASTER) they pretty much have the "well, it's your life, and you're paying our shop rate" attitude. I'll be getting most of my service (that I don't do myself) done by them from now on.
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down