Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CT installers near West Houston

4 posters

Go down

CT installers near West Houston Empty CT installers near West Houston

Post  nav-arch Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:20 pm

I picked up my goodyear TT today for my 2005 1300C. Anxious to find out for myself how it works! Does anyone know who can install this for me someplace near West Houston / Katy Texas?

nav-arch

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

CT installers near West Houston Empty Re: CT installers near West Houston

Post  jedishon Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Welcome to the site. Just moved to Katy so I dont know any one here yet, but the mechanic at the Sealy kawisaki shop is a darksider. If anyone will do it he should. I was talking to one of the salesman and he told me about his mechanic.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

CT installers near West Houston Empty Ct tire change.

Post  starider Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:56 pm

I installed my tire on the rim myself. Went to three MC dealers and none had the balls to install the tire. Liability crap. Anyway I had one take the MC tire off the rim for $10. I went to TRactor SUpply and bought a 24" tire iron. I set the rim on a 5 gallon bucket. I pushed the lubed the tire with some soapy water. Then I started prying the tire on a little at a time. I had my son hold a small wooden block just behind the area I was prying. In about 4 minits I had the complete tire on the wheel. The bead seated at about 24psi.
I went to a local tire store the same day and they gave me a strip of tire weights that are 7gram peel and stick.
I suspended the wheel and tire between two buckets with a metal rod. I balanced the wheel in about 10 minits, including a beer break. Was fun that way.
The tire is perfectly seated on the rim and it's balanced. Piece a cake and dont be afraid to try it.
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nav-arch Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:49 pm

I do have a tire change station, one of the cheapy manual rigs from northern tool. I was afraid I might damage the rim with a steel pry bar...

nav-arch

Back to top Go down

CT installers near West Houston Empty tire change

Post  starider Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 pm

I too was worried about damaging the rim but I was careful and didnt leave a mark on it. I did make a rim protector out of a plastic milk jug. But I didnt use it. The install was quick.
Use lots soap and water on the tire and rim. Makes a big differance and helps the bead seat up easy.
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotrod Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 am

Try Honda of Houston on 290 at West.
I called about mounting a CT, and was told "We will probably try to talk you out of it, but we do mount CT's"
I mount my own.

Scotrod

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Let us know where you get it done...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  nav-arch Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Got it done at Jones cycle on hwy 6 just about a mile south of I-10. They had no problem and the guy was pretty knowledgable. They mostly do Harley service but he has done quite a few darksiders and had just recently done one on a 1300R.

nav-arch

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

nav-arch wrote:Got it done at Jones cycle on hwy 6 just about a mile south of I-10. They had no problem and the guy was pretty knowledgable. They mostly do Harley service but he has done quite a few darksiders and had just recently done one on a 1300R.

I bought my Dynabeads from him. Looked at me strange when I mentioned a car tire....Let us know what you think when you get a few miles on it....And welcome to the darkside.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down