Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!! Empty Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!!

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 pm

Heads up on installing brake pads on my 1300 C model. I put them in about 4 months ago and now I down to metal to metal. When I first installed them, it felt like my pads were tight against the disc and would rub even when the brake lever was released. I just thought they needed to seat or wear in! Wrong! They were gone in 4 months.

This time I installed them with the caliper completely removed from the forks to check alignment. The pads have to be installed by sliding them in a groove in the end opposite of the bolt end before they are mounted with the bolt. The original pads I installed, I had just removed the bolt holding the pads in the swung the other set in and run the bolt home.....and they were tight! I should have known it wasn't that easy!

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!! Empty Re: Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!!

Post  gstanfield Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:10 pm

that's OK we still love you (even if you are a dummy)

JK pard, thanks for the heads up.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!! Empty Re: Heads up on installing brake pads!!!!!!!

Post  cerooth Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Twin, are you trying to go through brake pads faster then Smokey and Toasted go through tires now? Shocked Shocked Shocked
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:33 am

You guys comments are like a Hallmark card......."When you care to send the very best!!!!!!"...hehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

..............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 am

Brakes, Boxes......Seems like you have problems with things that start with B......

but thanks for the heads up, I might have done the same thing.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down