Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bell Guy

5 posters

Go down

The Bell Guy Empty The Bell Guy

Post  cerooth Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Last night a good man was tending to his trailer when an idiot showed up. David Hall (a.k.a. The Bell Guy) has towed a replica of the Liberty Bell (the only one in the nation) to the funerals of Military servicemen/women for over 5 years. He takes time away from his home business to pay tribute to those who have fallen in the line of duty. Sunday night he was tying down the Liberty Bell on his flatbed when some S.O.B. in a SUV rammed the flatbed from the side. David had attend service at his church and was getting ready to head home when this happened. The idiot is in jail with a long history of DUI's and other convictions, but my personal feeling of this individual won't be tolerated here. David does have deep lacerations on his back and forehead, plus numerous scrapes and bruises which are now resulting in some significant discomfort. The local news said he had a concussion and cracked ribs, I found out from the family that this isn't true.

I had the honor this past summer to talk with David for a little while and have ridden with him on several PGR missions. The energy this man has would put most of us to shame. When asked why he does what he does, he simply brought out a photo album he carries with him. He opened it up to his grandchildren and family posing on his flatbed. He looked at me and told me that he first got the replica so that his grandchildren would not forget what it means. The passion this man has for this country and the love for his children and grandchildren is aw inspiring. I ask that he be in your prayers and thoughts as he recovers from the accident.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

The Bell Guy Empty Re: The Bell Guy

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 am

Prayers sent. This country needs more like him.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:34 am

Hard to find a stand up man in a bowed down world. Sounds like a guy I would love to meet! If you can contact him.....tell him we are proud of him and praying for him.

....WE NEVER WANT TO FORGET! I got my son reading the Hatchcock story! "Marine Sniper". I wanted him to know what men went thru to make us free! Yes, and if you haven't read it..you need to!

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

I got an e-mail from a senior member of the PGR here in TX just t little while ago and he had some great news about David.

" I am very pleased to announce that David returned to the comfort of his home just after 7 pm today. He is very sore, but is determined to get better and back out with the Bell as soon as possible. He is one terrific human being with a wonderful family. For those who wish to send cards, here is the address: PO Box 2014 Keller, TX 76244. You may also go to www.proclaimliberty.us for future updates on David's condition, the progress to return the Bell to the road, and to make donations if you wish. I believe there will also be pictures of the damage on the site. The family wanted me to thank everyone for their prayers and support. You are more important to this man and his family than you can possibly know."
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Prayers for blessings and healing.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  VTXRon Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Ron & Debbie
VTXRon
VTXRon

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down