Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Twin

5 posters

Go down

Hi Twin Empty Hi Twin

Post  MechE Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Well,

It's been awhile since I talked with you Darksiders since I had my hip replaced last summer. Twin you were right I feel 30 years younger and I did ride a few times last fall; it was nice. The pain is gone, gone, gone, gone! Now I'm glad I didn't sell my bike.

I put my new Kumho on the rear wheel of my 1300c at Cleveland-Akron Honda. They surprised me as they didn't batt an eye to put it on, though they couldn't get the bead to snap as their highest shop air was 60 psi. I went back to Northfield Tire who sold me the tire and they pulled out the valve a number of times and then pressurized it about 3 times to 100 psi for one bead and then another 5 times for the other bead. This was the way they worked the bead for it to snap. They only used soap and water for the bead, but they seem to think this will be fine. Anybody else use just soap and water for their bead? Any problems?

I like the new site. Looks like you became too much for VTXOA. I'll send pictures when I install the wheel this weekend (while it's snowing!!!!!). The good news also was that Honda only charged me $10 because they couldn't snap the bead and Northfield Tire popped it for free, though I'll still have to get it balanced at Honda. Thanks again to everyone for all the great advice. Talk with you soon.

MechE
Beautiful Chagrin Falls
in NE Ohio

MechE

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Hi Twin Empty Re: Hi Twin

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Nice to see ya back sir.

Glad you're feeling better and seems like you got two shops willing to take care of the customer. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:12 pm

Good to have you back. MechE Very Happy
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Hi Twin Empty Appreciate the good tidings

Post  MechE Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate the nice comments. I have all of you to thank for doing the legwork on this topic. The outfit I purchased the tire from and the fellow who popped it both said the same thing without consulting each other and that was that it makes sense; it's a better tire. Also they both have bikes though I don't know what they are running. They sure didn't hesitate or debate either. I think the whole thing took about 10 minutes.

Anyways, it's good to be back and see all the progress that has been made not only with the site, but also with the new adherents. With the price of gas, I'll probably be putting on alot more miles now and this should go a long way to help. Thanks also to those of you who are maintaining the site and moderating. You are unsung heroes as it takes work and the better you do it the less anyone is aware of it. You should hear it though.

Thanks, MechE

MechE

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm

MechE,

Dang glad to hear your voice sir! Man, I missed you a lot! Hey go to the 1300 tech thread and you will see my wideside mod and how I did mine...I used cooking oil!!!!! Worked like a champ! Don't forget to check out the 205 wideside mod we are doing now!

So the new hip is good huh?

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 pm

All I ever use is soap with a little water in it.
Mine took 110lbs to seat it

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Hi Twin Empty A big plus

Post  MechE Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Twin,

Good to hear from you too! Yeah, I'm still a young man (relatively speaking Laughing ) and was kinda bummed out that I had to put up with this whole thing. But it turned out to be sooooo nice. So thanks for asking. I'll probably get caught in the rain a number of times this spring. So with the superior rain performance of the CT I figured now is a great time to put it on and do all my other maintenance. I know you put on alot of miles not only for recreation, but for work too. I'll probably due likewise, especially with the price of gas. My Jeep diesel gets great mileage, but not as good as my VTX.

Riding is much more pleasureable now and congrats on expanding the design envelope. After all, isn't this one of the reasons we got a VTX in the first place Question

Keep the Faith,

MechE

MechE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down