Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTX1300Modified now on the dark side

Go down

VTX1300Modified now on the dark side Empty VTX1300Modified now on the dark side

Post  iwantsnow Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Bought a General with a little hisatasion a 205/70/15. Bought a tire on line. Neighbor put it on free of charge at his work which he said took a full minute with no hickup. Had to remove the exhaust HK3", loosen the modified fender, let the air out, used a jack and a prybar and shoe horned the tire into place. Most VTX owners will not have problem with their fender. The tire had 3/8" of an inch on each side and put on 70 miles 2 up with no problem. Cranked it up to 105 and smooth. People say they felt hard turning but my experence was the bike felt sturdy with hight speed turns (above 40 miles and hour and above) felt normal but slow turns 20-30 felt spongy not slipping or hard to turn just spongy. Love the experence and that is what I will keep. Got tired of changing out the tire after 12000 on a Metzler 880. Running the bike 75 miles a day from May to November which means 2 years a tire if I am lucky. Thanks for the info to the posters of this site and the guys that adventured out of the norm.
Rich

iwantsnow

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-24

Back to top Go down