Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've joined the darkside

4 posters

Go down

I've joined the darkside Empty I've joined the darkside

Post  Tasman Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 pm

I've just fitted a Goodyear 195/65-15 to my Suzuki VS1400 Intruder. I had to do it myself as no-one would fit it for me, this was in the UK. I had a bit of difficulty getting it to bead, but got there eventually. I had to go to 100psi and reposition the tyre several times so that it was pretty central. When fitted, I tried 40 psi, it was so soft and squirmy I bumped it up to 45 psi which is much better. Perhaps I did not give it a chance to get used to it at 40 psi, so I will play around with the psi a bit.
Regards,
Mark

Tasman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

I've joined the darkside Empty Re: I've joined the darkside

Post  johnnie1 Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Tasman wrote:I've just fitted a Goodyear 195/65-15 to my Suzuki VS1400 Intruder. I had to do it myself as no-one would fit it for me, this was in the UK. I had a bit of difficulty getting it to bead, but got there eventually. I had to go to 100psi and reposition the tyre several times so that it was pretty central. When fitted, I tried 40 psi, it was so soft and squirmy I bumped it up to 45 psi which is much better. Perhaps I did not give it a chance to get used to it at 40 psi, so I will play around with the psi a bit.
Regards,
Mark
I am on my second C/T  a General on a Goldwing and  like it I found 38lbs to be a little soft and 40 seems to work fine. You will need to play with the air to figure out what works best for that tire. Ride safe and Ride a lot.
johnnie1
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  rmccutchan Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm

I noticed mine changed a little over the first 1,000 miles and I had to adjust a bit from time to time.  I settled on ~40 or so.  Each gauge reads a little different from each other, so I make sure I use the same gauge each time.
rmccutchan
rmccutchan

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:57 am

About time....LOL 

Congrats sir and welcome to the Darkside.

...............twin
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down