Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark Plugs

4 posters

Go down

Spark Plugs Empty Spark Plugs

Post  vtxreaper Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Was reading something about plugs on the other board. When do you change the plugs on our X's??? Do we pull them inspect, clean and reinstall, or do they get dumped and replaced at a certain mileage/interval??? REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Spark Plugs Empty Re: Spark Plugs

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Book says every 4 k. I'm still running the set from the first service with close to 25k on them. I check em at the oil changes. Clean em if they need it..but they haven't yet. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks Toasted, got some minor fixits to do on the scoot, workin tomorrow, maybe Monday gonna pull the plugs and see whats goin on there. Not sure what I am looking for. Done all the mods on mine, change the oil,installed lights, cobra fuel processor, but I never thought to check the plugs. The bike fires right up idles good runs good, I guess when i see them I will know if somethings wrong. They can either be burned up from running to rich?? or dry and no deposits caked on??? I am just guessing!! What the heck am I looking for???
REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:50 pm

I just replaced my factory ones at 21,000 miles and then only cause I screwed up and killed em. Umm did I say I screwed up..........? Ummmmm I mean they screwed up..........when I left the choke out a little bit affraid

See you out there
SMokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  titaniumwing Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Reaps, plug reading are judge by color..An ideal plug color would be a chocolate or dark chocolate..Black color on the electrodes, would be very rich. white or lite colered , is very lean... search the internet for spark plug readings, you should find some usefull info...ooh yeah, if the electrode is worn on the edges it time to replace...Changed my goldwing at 14,000, couldn't tell the used ones from the old ones except for the color change...hope this helps, acy
titaniumwing
titaniumwing

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks to all, gonna pull them when I get a chance, will post the results,,,Reaps
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down