Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moto light clone

4 posters

Go down

moto light clone Empty moto light clone

Post  Steve-O Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm looking at auxillary lighting. I don't want a light bar and prefer the small bullet shaped lights down low.

I ran across motolights. http://www.motolight.com/photo_gallery.php?id=923&size=full&categoryid=59
but these are too pricey.

Has anyone installed anything like these on their front forks?

I know twin and Dark Shadwo both have added lights installed, but I think they are square. I did like Twins brackets.

Anyway, your ideas and opinions are greatly appreciated.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

moto light clone Empty Re: moto light clone

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Steve-O wrote:I'm looking at auxillary lighting. I don't want a light bar and prefer the small bullet shaped lights down low.

I ran across motolights. http://www.motolight.com/photo_gallery.php?id=923&size=full&categoryid=59
but these are too pricey.

Has anyone installed anything like these on their front forks?

I know twin and Dark Shadwo both have added lights installed, but I think they are square. I did like Twins brackets.

Anyway, your ideas and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Steve_O

When the guy told me how much they cost.....I told him.."I don't want to buy your company, just want to buy some lights"........... Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing He wanted $450 at a show for them....and guys were standing in line to get them. Not for me buddy!

Yes, the twin lite mod is easy if you have any welding skills and some 1/8" flat plate and some EMT. I told Smokey yesterday that if my wideside wouldn't be so awesome the twin lite mod would be my next favorite mod. Wow....the light it puts out, I don't know how I road without them. You can get round lites too for the twin lite mod...it will carry just about any lite as long as the base fits.

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:28 pm

Steve_O, went to wallyworld and got my lights on sale for $13.00 mounted them with a couple hose clamps. Work good. IMHO. Dont forget to add a relay if you add lights.
moto light clone Frontclosewb3

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:24 pm

My friend has them on his Valkyrie and claims they are worth the money. Said it improved night riding 100% .It's a life-time bulb and the dude that was installing them at the Valk Rally would stand on them.If anything fries on them its replaced free ( bulbs,wiring etc.) . I'd love to have a set and may go for it at the Honda Hoot this year they always have a booth. Its only money you can't take it with you and it ain't going to do you no good dead.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down