New to the dark side

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to the dark side

Post  Enasaxios on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 am

Good day every one, I am new to the Darkside, I have a 2006 VTX 1800S3 in Dana Point, CA and I heard about the CT for bikes from the PGR and drove my interest. so I am going to the Darkside, just ordered a Mayrun 205/65-15 94V 320AA from Online tires for about 69.00 (because of finances) and I am going to try it on this week, I will like some info on what may be the best air pressure for that. Thank you all for the great info and support. Yanni
Enasaxios

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the dark side

Post  jedishon on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:21 am

I would think starting around 38 should work. It all depends on style of riding, shock settings, etc, etc, etc.... Start there go for a ride. 50-100 miles if it feels to stiff drop 2 lbs if it feels to hard drop 2 lbs then repeat. Somewhere in there is the rught combo of air/shock setting that will give you a ride you will love.

Jerry
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 am

Not familiar with that tire or how stiff its sidewall is.
You may want to start even higher than Jerry suggest, like around 42, if the sidewalls are soft.

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

did u get the car tire to seat on the spoke rim???

Post  speedman on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:30 pm

If you want to switch to mag wheel the 1300 c is a direct match for your 1800 r spoke. after many tries with tube at 115 pounds could not get the tire to seat on the spoke. If you blow up your rim I got a extra one for you. I used cooking oil and cleaned the rim very well left in the texas sun for 6 hrs but would not seat with 115 pounds. Thats why I went with the mag and will switch the front rim soon to match, I have been on spoke rim for most of my life and what a pain when you get a flat.
with mag wheels you can plug up and fill up and go. I hated waiting for 4 hrs for a tow truck and than trying to find a shop close by. If you use wyanes method of sealing you will be better off than with a tube. just my 10 cents on your switch hmmm

speedman

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top