Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas here is nuts

+6
Muntz
Steve-O
twin1300
titaniumwing
Badmoon
jedishon
10 posters

Go down

Gas here is nuts Empty Gas here is nuts

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:57 am

Went to work Monday gas was $3.08, on the way home Wednesday it was $3.45. Okay they are paying more for crude, but it will be 2 months before they start refining that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is rediculous.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Gas here is nuts Empty Re: Gas here is nuts

Post  Badmoon Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:03 am

Yesterday $3.18 in Houma La.
Yes you are correct but as the price of oil goes up, it is imediatley effected leaving the refinery. I once saw it go up while the tanker was filling the pump. I had to stop pumping and start again at a higher price. Talk about Bull Sheep.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  titaniumwing Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:32 am

Left to go to daytona, gas was $3.00, got there and fuel was $3.45 affraid ...Glad i'm here,but sure had fun there!!!!!
titaniumwing
titaniumwing

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am

We are all going to be glad we ride motorcycles here real soon, if not already. I have ridden every day for the last 5 years. Since no one is going to give us a cost of living raise, driving a cage to work is out the question.

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Takes a gallon to take my car to work and back. Takes 1/3 gallon to ride my bike. The higher the cost of gas, the more I save....kinda like my wife shopping for clothes....look how much I saved YOU!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Steve-O wrote:Takes a gallon to take my car to work and back. Takes 1/3 gallon to ride my bike. The higher the cost of gas, the more I save....kinda like my wife shopping for clothes....look how much I saved YOU!

Bwwhahahaha....heard that one before. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:00 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Steve-O wrote:Takes a gallon to take my car to work and back. Takes 1/3 gallon to ride my bike. The higher the cost of gas, the more I save....kinda like my wife shopping for clothes....look how much I saved YOU!

Bwwhahahaha....heard that one before. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

+1
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm

jedishon wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

+1
I'd swear my wife has never bought any new clothes at full price.... I'm always "SAVING" money with her. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:20 pm

Yep, gas is 2.99 here and diesel is 3.62. I drive 72 miles round trip every day plus weekly trips to Denver to see my wife and babies and even though my diesel truck gets great milage compared to a gasser, it is still killing me to burn through $800 a month on fuel. It will be nice when it gets warm enough to take the bike, but they're calling for snow this weekend again so more money wasted due to greed.

BTW, I work in an oilfield related buisness and know first hand of hundreds of thousands of dallars a year wasted just because they can. I'm sure it adds up to millions from all the companies.\

Then you see that the oil companies are posting RECORD PROFITS!! I'd love to have a president and conrgess that didn't thrive off of big buisness kickbacks then maybe I could afford to keep my toys, but as is I will be selling off most all of my toys before summer is over just to pay to stay alive No

Stupid friggin oil companies.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm glad I filled up my truck the other day when gas was still 2.89. Took a ride today to go get some stuff to finish the project I'm working on and saw it at 3.25. I'm really thankful that it'll be in the 80's here next week. Makes me wonder where everybody is now that was saying the war in Iraq was for oil, and just where all the oil went to that we got from it.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:09 am

The thing they (liberal anti-war people) are saying is not that the war is to get free oil for us, it's to drive the prices of oil up so the big money oil guys (like Mr Bush) will make tons more money from the increase in the value of THEIR (TX, WY, AK, MT) OIL!!

Now, I'm not saying this is completely true, but then again I remember fuel being 1/3 of what it is now just a few short years ago.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:36 pm

gstanfield wrote:The thing they (liberal anti-war people) are saying is not that the war is to get free oil for us, it's to drive the prices of oil up so the big money oil guys (like Mr Bush) will make tons more money from the increase in the value of THEIR (TX, WY, AK, MT) OIL!!

Now, I'm not saying this is completely true, but then again I remember fuel being 1/3 of what it is now just a few short years ago.

George

Wasn't it originally about us getting oil for free?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:30 am

Same here, morning gas price for regular, $3.29, evening price, $3.49. That was two days ago. Can't wait to see the prices on Monday... Now how are we ever going to get out of a recession with the fuel riseing like this.
Gonna get the Govt. rebate check, and put it and more into my gas tank in a couple of months. The truckers must be getting hammered with these fuel prices...
It is time to get aggresive and send a message to the Mideast oil barons, and if they don't get it we have to take control!!!!! This country and it's people are suffering, why would any President let this happen. The Arabs are spanking us and they know we won't do anything. This their Jihad!!! After all when they are crapping in solid gold toilets and changeing them once a day for religous reasons and Americans are standing in unemployment lines because of oil, come on we need change.. At least open up the North Slope to full exploration, and tell the towel heads to shove it. Then we will see how low oil can go
Ah, I am bored, Hope ya enjoyed my early morning ranting!!! Ride Safe,,,Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:54 am

Gas price is governed by supply and demand. The biggest problem we face is china and india are coming out of the stone age. I think I heard China is building a coal plant a week or somehting like that. With this pressure increasing, low gas prices are not in oiur future. Our future is renewable fuels.

It's not a consipiracy and none of those idiots in Washington can do anything about China or india. Best thing they can do is encourage alternate fuels.

That said, teh midwest coops are building ethanol stills out the wazoo. That is driving up corn, wheat, soy prices....so we won't be getting a break there either. But it's about time the farmers caught a break....

This year, i'm not just bitching about gas prices. I'm actually doing something. i'm riding my bike whenever and wherever I can. That is reducing demand and is reducing the cash flow out of my pocket. We shoudl all do something like this....

My 2 ceents.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Steve-O wrote:

This year, i'm not just bitching about gas prices. I'm actually doing something. i'm riding my bike whenever and wherever I can. That is reducing demand and is reducing the cash flow out of my pocket. We shoudl all do something like this....

My 2 ceents.

This makes way too much sense for any practical application, people are use to complaining about anything for any reason. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that if this information was "leaked" to the ACLU that they would start fighting such thinking with every fiber of their being. Too bad we can't run vehicles on bs or they would be one of the main suppliers after some government officials (I'd rather not start naming potential canendates, they do it them selves every chance they can get).
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:13 pm

My thoughts are not pointed towards anyone ... they are just my thoughts.

I love the oil companies. They have done what any business owner sets out to do. They found a product, then buy their base products (which are bought at a price they have no control over), and then sell for a profit. Bravo! That is what capitalism is all about. They pay taxes on everything they make (to the tune of around 11 billion), which funds all kinds of crap for the government. I am being completely honest here. I don't understand people who get upset at them.

Is the their fault that we built our entire lives around their products? Is it their fault that we have decided that every person in our family needs at least one car? Do they set the price on oil (per barrel)? Nope. We shouldn't be mad at them, in fact ... we should applaud how much money they make, because it allows them to stay in business. If the gas companies went out of business, how would most of us get to work?

How many of you know someone who had a business that had to shut down because the cost of their product went up too high? I do. The oil companies are able to pay the high price, which then puts gas in our cars. Why hate on them for giving us exactly what we want?

It isn't their fault we are all dependent on oil. It's not their fault that they chose a product that we can't live without. It's not their fault that public transportation in the US is horrendous.

Instead of whining about gas companies, just do your best to limit what you use. And keep in mind, if you bought a gallon of bottled water from a gas station, it would cost much more then the gas you are complaining about.

I applaud them, and I appreciate that my 401K/mutual funds are paying great dividends because I happen to be invested in these companies (keep in mind that anyone with either of these is probably benefiting from that stock somewhere).

We shouldn't be scared of how much money these companies are making. We should be scared that it may cause some idiots to pressure the government getting involved. Letting the government dictate how much money a company is allowed to make is a HORRIBLE idea. I think that the less the government is involved in ... the better off America is.

I just thought I'd voice my opinion here. It's not meant to attach or demean anyone on this board. I just thought I'd throw it out there.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Tim,
Your 2 cents is worth about $3.45. Good points all. When I was young I could fill up a 20 gallon tank for
$5.00. I was making $1.35 an hour, about 3 1/2 hours work. Now it would be $69.00 less than 3 hours pay. All things taken into account, I'll take now.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down