Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soon to be Darksider

4 posters

Go down

Soon to be Darksider Empty Soon to be Darksider

Post  SPIKE VN2000 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:19 am

Hello all of you Kaw riders & Darksiders, Vader
Just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that after reading about everything on this forum and countless other sites, study I am going to the Darkside..I own a 2005 VN2000 and all you vn2000 owners know how much of a tire eater they are. eat I also pull a 6ft. SST fiberglass cargo trailer w/all of our camping gear in it. Been riding(on street) 30yrs. Survived 2 crashes(both caused by cagers) cus Hell even got a free helicopter ride out of the last one(don't remember it) Always worried about riding in the rain. Listening to all of you talk about how much better a CT handles sounds great yeah I am planning on putting a goodyear tt 205-60-16 on(nellie) my bike. Unlessthere are better suggestions. I'm looking forward to our(my wife & i) new adventures,we live in Ohio and would love to meet up and ride with some of you all sometime.I'm a vet(ARMY) Teamster truck driver & have a production co. for live entertainment & recording studio.(would love to plan a rally for all darksiders and provide bands and PA) Like a weekend event Cheers Everyone calls me SPIKE Cool . Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear from all of you sometime.Be safe brothers Angel

SPIKE VN2000

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-03

http://spike_lucky13@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Soon to be Darksider Empty Re: Soon to be Darksider

Post  Klink700 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:34 am

Welcome to the Darkside Spike. I also have a 2005 VN2000 that I installed a Goodyear tt 225-60-16 on. The tire rubs against the front inner plastic splashguard untill it wears it down enough to not rub any more. But the 225 fits within the swingarms with no problem. Good Luck.
Klink

Klink700

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome Spike

The Triple Tred is a great tire. thumbup
Enjoy Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Soon to be Darksider Empty VN 2000 Max Tire size

Post  VN 2000 Thu May 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Finally got around to tearing down the bike and going to the darkside .. double darkside actually.
Replaced stock rear with Goodyear TT in 215/60V-16. Perfect fit on 2004 Vulcan without modification, but there is no extra room between the tread and the inner fender guard for a larger diameter tire. Front stock Bridgstone was replaced with Dunlop Rear GT501 150/80VB-16 mounted normally (not reversed) because it just did't look right backwards.

The Goodyear was too stiff to mount with a No-Mar motorcycle tire rig a friend owns, it required a car tire machine to get the bead over the rim. Bead set at about 30 lbs and I am running it at 35 lbs. Front has 2 oz of Dyna Beads & the rear 3 oz.
The rig tracks straight & true. I may play with the rear & front pressures for ride comfort, but with no lean to worry about on a sidecar, I don't know how much it will change handling.

Thanks to all for the information / recommendations for brands & sizes. Dyna-Beads were the way to go.
Photos? ... Working on it, I don't do facebook or any of those other public sites & I don't speak geek well.

Ride safe.
VN 2000
VN 2000

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down