Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darksider !

5 posters

Go down

New Darksider ! Empty New Darksider !

Post  RodsX Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 am

OK where's the cookies ? Got tired of paying a fortune for 210 Metzler's . Got my old 15" rim out ,took it & a new Goodyear TT to a friends shop , mounted it up. He was not willing to put over 50psi in it to set the bead . He was pretty sure I was going to blow myself up ...... Laughing I took it home & lubed it up good with some slick stuff from Nomar ...... Took about 80psi ..... That was about a week ago ,spent part of this morn swapping out my wheels ........ Now got to wait a day or two for the rain to stop ............... Vader ............. Rod
RodsX
RodsX

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

New Darksider ! Empty Re: New Darksider !

Post  twin1300 Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:49 am

RodsX wrote:OK where's the cookies ? Got tired of paying a fortune for 210 Metzler's . Got my old 15" rim out ,took it & a new Goodyear TT to a friends shop , mounted it up. He was not willing to put over 50psi in it to set the bead . He was pretty sure I was going to blow myself up ...... Laughing I took it home & lubed it up good with some slick stuff from Nomar ...... Took about 80psi ..... That was about a week ago ,spent part of this morn swapping out my wheels ........ Now got to wait a day or two for the rain to stop ............... Vader ............. Rod

Congrats sir and welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside! Don't forget to wear the mold release off because take it easy for a couple hundred miles....that stuff is slick. Then you own it! LOL Hey...post some pics of your ride and after a 1000 miles or so, come give us a full review?

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RodsX Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am

Will do ! I'll take it slow for a while . Shouldn't be too much different in feel than the 210 ...... pretty much used the whole tread area on the roads around here. What impressed me was the width retained on that narrow rim ...... Shocked went from a 210 on a 6.5" to the 205 on the 3.5 ", only lost an inch ! Pretty impressive! Using a tape & eyeballing ,the previous set up measured 9" and the CT a solid 8" ! Thank you for all the posting & all the entertaining reading over the last few years ....... You got me hooked ........ Laughing
RodsX
RodsX

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Looks good on there congrats!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 pm

RodsX wrote:Will do ! I'll take it slow for a while . Shouldn't be too much different in feel than the 210 ...... pretty much used the whole tread area on the roads around here. What impressed me was the width retained on that narrow rim ...... Shocked went from a 210 on a 6.5" to the 205 on the 3.5 ", only lost an inch ! Pretty impressive! Using a tape & eyeballing ,the previous set up measured 9" and the CT a solid 8" ! Thank you for all the posting & all the entertaining reading over the last few years ....... You got me hooked ........ Laughing

Hey....don't blame me for this fiasco!!! People will start to believe it really works??? LOL Just kidding! I saw a pic of your ride on the OA....looking good!

........................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 am

Congrats and welcome.

And yes, we all blame Bobby Wink
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Yep! If any one needs blaming it would be Bobby. Vader
Congrats! The car tire will have a bigger contact patch than the motorcycle tire too. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  RodsX Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Got to put a few miles on the tire today ........ I LIKE IT ....... Not that much different than the 210 I was running ..... Rode the bike pretty much like I always do. No more input needed in curves than the 210 required ! ....... Running 39 psi for now ....... Rod

New Darksider ! Picture
RodsX
RodsX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down