Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another new Darksider.

+3
smokey2255
jedishon
Aquanut
7 posters

Go down

Yet another new Darksider. Empty Yet another new Darksider.

Post  Aquanut Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, after coming across this site on the weekend, i ran out an bought a CT For my 2008 VTX 1300T...tire needed replacing anyway. Now that im here....i like it ! I had no problems really getting Honda shop to install it, i had more issues with Canadian Tire than anything lol. I could not find the specific tires used here so i went with what i could get and liked the tread on. I chose a Goodyear Allegra 205/70R/15....next time i think ill test run the 65R. Overall i love the ride but of coarse it doesnt corner as well as a MC tire, but you know i find the bigger shaft drive cruisers dont corner all that well anyway lol.

Yet another new Darksider. C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\P1010034

Last edited by Aquanut on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : asthetics)
Aquanut
Aquanut

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Yet another new Darksider. Empty Re: Yet another new Darksider.

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Welcome to the darkside and the site.
I find my Yokohama Avid tire corners better than my mt ever did. I worry more about my front tire slipping out from under me than the rear.
Take it easy at first. Gotta wear off any mold release.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

+1 on what Unka Jerr said, take it easy first few miles wear off the mold release. Then ride that bitch like you stole it. Trust us, that tire will take anything you can throw at it. I drag the hard parts on my scoot all the time.
Welcome and enjoy.
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Hay guys take it easy on him. Remember he still is thinkin that there is a car tire on the back. Its still in his head. Once he rides on it a while, he will forget.

Just sayin
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuddaddy Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:08 am

Badmoon wrote:Hay guys take it easy on him. Remember he still is thinkin that there is a car tire on the back. Its still in his head. Once he rides on it a while, he will forget.

Just sayin
Moon

+100
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 am

Badmoon wrote:Hay guys take it easy on him. Remember he still is thinkin that there is a car tire on the back. Its still in his head. Once he rides on it a while, he will forget.

Just sayin
Moon

Moon, your a closet politician............................

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Yet another new Darksider. Empty re yet another darksider

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Jerry!!!!!!! I thought you liked Moon can't beleive you would trash him like that. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Larry Simpson wrote:Jerry!!!!!!! I thought you liked Moon can't beleive you would trash him like that. Laughing Laughing Laughing

My bad. I like Moon. But it sure is easy to pick on the big lug.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Aquanut wrote:Well, after coming across this site on the weekend, i ran out an bought a CT For my 2008 VTX 1300T...tire needed replacing anyway. Now that im here....i like it ! I had no problems really getting Honda shop to install it, i had more issues with Canadian Tire than anything lol. I could not find the specific tires used here so i went with what i could get and liked the tread on. I chose a Goodyear Allegra 205/70R/15....next time i think ill test run the 65R. Overall i love the ride but of coarse it doesnt corner as well as a MC tire, but you know i find the bigger shaft drive cruisers dont corner all that well anyway lol.

Yet another new Darksider. C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\P1010034

Congrats on your darkside and welcome to our site. Like everyone has said, wear the mold release off first and then it will feel a ton better.

Secondly, what air pressure are you currently running??? That will make a big difference on handling.

Thirdly, not sure about the Goodyear Allegra, but my Douglas car tire handles a ton better compared to the motorcycle tire! JMO So, take your time and get used to it and I think you will see.

.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Yet another new Darksider. Empty Yet another new Darksider.

Post  Aquanut Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks for all the info, im hoping ye be right lol Handling is a concern for me as you said....i still think i have a car tire on it lol im down to 32 psi now and it does feel better. Im not gonna give up on it tho. I love how it handles the crappy roads here on the island, train tracks, pot holes and gravel are a breeze now lol.
Aquanut
Aquanut

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down