Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windshields save lives

3 posters

Go down

Windshields save lives Empty Windshields save lives

Post  cerooth Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I did have a ride a few weeks ago that really put things into perspective for me. While riding north on 75 through Plano we switched over to the HOV lane to avoid much of the traffic. The wind was blowing a little and the trash people throw out was blowing all around, that's when I saw it. I know stuff falls off trucks all the time when the people don't bother to secure it and that it can present obstacles on the road you have to dodge. What I saw was a plastic sheet, about the size of a jumbo trash bag that's been spread out fully. As I neared it the bag was on my far left and rose up to its full length (about 8 feet) and I barely passed it. My buddy however wasn't so lucky. The really bad thing about this was he was riding with his wife and I felt completely helpless when I saw the bag cover his windshield. The right thing to do is to pull over and stop, but since we were in the HOV lane we couldn't so he tried to grab it with his left hand while staying upright. Good thing we didn't have any twisties ahead of us when this happened or there would have been some major trouble. My buddy's wife was able to pull the bag off the windshield and instead of throwing it over her shoulder, she held on to it until we got to our destination. Good thing too, I don't believe the other guys behind us would have appreciated having to deal with that either. Needless to say, they had some great luck in handling the situation.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Windshields save lives Empty Re: Windshields save lives

Post  kermit Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:57 am

I would say the windshield did it's job that day.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Windshields save lives Empty Re: Windshields save lives

Post  Daniel Meyer Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:12 am

Windshields save lives

Of that, I have no doubt at all...

Windshields save lives Scarredshield

Windshields save lives Scarredhelmettop
Daniel Meyer