Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire won't work!! :( Anybody want to buy a tire?

3 posters

Go down

Tire won't work!!  :(  Anybody want to buy a tire? Empty Tire won't work!! :( Anybody want to buy a tire?

Post  ttexastim Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

Well ... it turns out the 205/70/15 will not work on a Honda 1990 VT1100C. The tire is just barely too wide to squeeze between the shaft drive and the other swing arm. I'm way bummed out. Looks like 205/65/15 is the max I can go.

So ... anybody want to buy a super cool looking Michinlin x-ice 205/70/15? I'm in it $85 and am willing to ship. Pictures can be seen here:

link here

Hit me up if anyone is interested.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Tire won't work!!  :(  Anybody want to buy a tire? Empty Re: Tire won't work!! :( Anybody want to buy a tire?

Post  ttexastim Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 am

Hmmmm ... I just had an idea. Is it hard to remove the final drive? It might be a pain, but it might let me get the tire in position. Hmmmmmm.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Tire won't work!!  :(  Anybody want to buy a tire? Empty Re: Tire won't work!! :( Anybody want to buy a tire?

Post  Doc Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 am

Did ya let all the air out of the tire to work it up in there? hmmm
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:40 pm

I was trying to squeeze it into position before I took it to be mounted. Just the tire, no rim. It seemed to be an inch too wide to squeeze past the drive, I suppose I could have squeezed it together to try and squeeze it past. Hmmmmm.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  coldweatherfreak Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

ttexastim wrote:Well ... it turns out the 205/70/15 will not work on a Honda 1990 VT1100C. The tire is just barely too wide to squeeze between the shaft drive and the other swing arm. I'm way bummed out. Looks like 205/65/15 is the max I can go.

So ... anybody want to buy a super cool looking Michinlin x-ice 205/70/15? I'm in it $85 and am willing to ship. Pictures can be seen here:

link here

Hit me up if anyone is interested.

why are you trying to put such a wide tire on? with 15", you have a lot of options for a tire closer in size to the stock MC tire

I'm running a 205/50- 17 on my V-strom, if I coulda found a 165 or 175 in a 65 or 70 series and 17" I woulda used that instead
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:20 pm

coldweatherfreak wrote:why are you trying to put such a wide tire on? with 15", you have a lot of options for a tire closer in size to the stock MC tire

I'm running a 205/50- 17 on my V-strom, if I coulda found a 165 or 175 in a 65 or 70 series and 17" I woulda used that instead

I like the feel of the wide tire! This aint my first rodeo with a car tire, it's my 3rd one. The 165/85 felt like the MC tire. The 205/65 was an awesome tire! I found this badass looking tire in 205/70 for a good price, so I figured I'd try it. Others here use the 205/70/15 and not had problems fitting it.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm

OK ... before I give up ... I'm going to try using some clamps, to see if I can squeeze the tire to get it past the drive. Then I'll verify that I have the room inside. I think I should be fine, but want to check for sure. C-clamps may help get it in. When I install with the rim, I'll let the air out, and do the same thing.

What do y'all think?
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down