Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

think i'm gonna

+4
Tanglefoot
Badmoon
jedishon
smokey2255
8 posters

Go down

think i'm gonna Empty think i'm gonna

Post  smokey2255 Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 am

Sell my bass boat and the X (after I get it back together). Got the need for a Valkyrie. Think I gotta get me an Interstate. Mrs. Smokey gonna be some kinda pissed when she reads this. Shocked See, all things are back to normal around here Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

think i'm gonna Empty Re: think i'm gonna

Post  jedishon Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:47 am

smokey2255 wrote:Sell my bass boat and the X (after I get it back together). Got the need for a Valkyrie. Think I gotta get me an Interstate. Mrs. Smokey gonna be some kinda pissed when she reads this. Shocked See, all things are back to normal around here Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey

I imagine you saw that Valk for sale....needs a car tire....You might have to take the chrome and paint it black.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:55 am

smokey2255 wrote:Sell my bass boat and the X (after I get it back together). Got the need for a Valkyrie. Think I gotta get me an Interstate. Mrs. Smokey gonna be some kinda pissed when she reads this. Shocked See, all things are back to normal around here Very Happy

See you out there
Smokey

Oh NO say it aint so. Not both the bike and boat. I hope it aint that bad. Know you know the drill. Think hard before making a decision you will regret. Ask me about bad decisions. Here is to the right on.
Blessings to ya.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 pm

See you out there
Smokey

Smoke you will love the Valk Interstate but any Valk will really do. The Interstate looks the best and they are all good rides. You gonna like it. Not anything wrong with the your bike but when you want a good road bike the Valkyrie or the Goldwing are the most comfortable bikes to tour on IMHO. You wont be able to stay home once Mrs Smokey takes a ride with you. She will forgive you so go ahead bite the bullet. Cool Very Happy
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:15 pm

I have no doubt you will wonder why you waited so long to get a Dragon. Best motorcycle ever made I've had Harleys my last one was a 1998 Heritage Softail I've had Wings my last one was a 1994 1500 . My ridin' buddy Al has a 2007 Street Glide that I've rode many times and a co-worker has a Screamin Eagle RoadKing <--$33,000.00 WTF that I've rode several times.Charlie another Valk rider that traded for a new Gold Wing has let me ride his new 2007 with all the bells and a$$ wipers and still the Valkyrie is the only bike that fits my style . I have ( 2 ) Valk's and if I can sell my Suzuki Bandit 1200S I'll more than likely be on the hunt for another. A member of the VRCC has over 370,000 miles on his 1998 I kinda doubt I'll ever see that cause I ride'em like I stole them but you never know. My friend Lucky 13 has a Interstate that I ride all the time its a nice bike but the fairing will never come off thats why I built the yellow bike into a " Half-Breed " it was a Standard with no bags or trunk and the fairing and trunk remove in less than 10 min so I can dig what the art of motorcycling is all about " The Wind " .think i'm gonna Bikes010Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Nice lookin bikes, Yes those Valks are sweet...Safe ridding!!!!!!!!! Reaps
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Heres my friends VTX I was telling you about.think i'm gonna IMAGE_002
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 pm

See you out there
Smokey

Well I'm glad you are waiting until it gets put back together, I dont think it would be worth much in its current state. Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

smokey2255 wrote:
With the side bags off
think i'm gonna DSCF23581

Tore down version
think i'm gonna DSCF23681

Rear look at it
think i'm gonna DSCF23661

The part that iced her mad at me again cake
think i'm gonna DSCF23691

Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:42 am

Bike without fairing...Let the cool winds blow Very Happy think i'm gonna PresonValk011Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:56 am

Smokinjoe

Thats a good lookin scoot ... no matter how it's dressed or undressed. I am lookin at the interstates for 2 reasons. 1) i want the bigger fuel capacity and 2) I know I want the windshield on all the time. I rode my bike once without it for a 100 mile trip to work (50 each way) the trip to work was okay the trip home with the helmet on so sucked. I felt like a bobble head. Definately want a shield on whatever I ride. The tunes are a plus too Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:31 pm

The Dragon don't give great fuel mileage ( 6 sucking carb's ) but the Interstate will go close to 200 miles on a tank. You'll love the bike .think i'm gonna Backroads005Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:05 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Smokinjoe

Thats a good lookin scoot ... no matter how it's dressed or undressed. I am lookin at the interstates for 2 reasons. 1) i want the bigger fuel capacity and 2) I know I want the windshield on all the time. I rode my bike once without it for a 100 mile trip to work (50 each way) the trip to work was okay the trip home with the helmet on so sucked. I felt like a bobble head. Definately want a shield on whatever I ride. The tunes are a plus too Laughing

See you out there
Smokey

There's an easier way to achieve your goal, get an 1800 tank to use and you can find several different radio systems to use. You can always get a faring to help make it look better and function properly. If I remember correctly there is minimal change required for the 1800 tank to work with the 1300. You'd go from 3.6 gallons to 5.3 gallons, I'm thinking the wiring harness would be the difficult part if you went that route.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:37 pm

cerooth wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:Smokinjoe

See you out there
Smokey

There's an easier way to achieve your goal, get an 1800 tank to use and you can find several different radio systems to use. You can always get a faring to help make it look better and function properly. If I remember correctly there is minimal change required for the 1800 tank to work with the 1300. You'd go from 3.6 gallons to 5.3 gallons, I'm thinking the wiring harness would be the difficult part if you went that route.

Now I would like that, about 40% more gas. I wonder how the lines would look like? Now ya got my brain churning. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down