Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

darskide tire for you guys up north

+4
jedishon
horseman8m
gstanfield
061300c
8 posters

Go down

darskide tire for you guys up north Empty darskide tire for you guys up north

Post  061300c Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:40 pm

found this on tirerack.com. and for 15 bucks you can get it studded so yall can quit whinnig about the snow and not being able to ride.

darskide tire for you guys up north Fs_winterforce_ci2_l

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M%2BS&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=07SR5WFORCE&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

061300c

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

darskide tire for you guys up north Empty Re: darskide tire for you guys up north

Post  gstanfield Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:17 pm

I honestly thought about buying that one and having it studded. I found that the continental Blitz (i think) front MT tire has holes in it that measure out just right to stud. One day I may very well get a spare front rim and have two sets of tires, one for winter and one for summer.

Then again I usually just ride my dual sport when it snows and I like power sliding it around corners.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

darskide tire for you guys up north Empty Re: darskide tire for you guys up north

Post  horseman8m Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:25 pm

i like the tread pattern on that one.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:54 am

061300c wrote:found this on tirerack.com. and for 15 bucks you can get it studded so yall can quit whinnig about the snow and not being able to ride.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M%2BS&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=07SR5WFORCE&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

Keep up the good work, appreciate you helping a guy out...I'd be tepmted if Mrs.D would let me ride in the snow...Something about breaking my fool neck....Anyone else want to try it out first.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I've ridden the grabber in the snow and ice and it handles pretty nice, but has poor traction in deep mud (4+ inches of muck) I'm sure this tire would perform great even in mud.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 pm

jedishon wrote:
061300c wrote:found this on tirerack.com. and for 15 bucks you can get it studded so yall can quit whinnig about the snow and not being able to ride.

Keep up the good work, appreciate you helping a guy out...I'd be tepmted if Mrs.D would let me ride in the snow...Something about breaking my fool neck....Anyone else want to try it out first.

Jerry
Not me! Evil or Very Mad
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  061300c Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:16 am

i wonder if it would mount? well being texas i would never need it although i heard it snowed in dallas the othre day

061300c

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:19 am

gstanfield wrote:I've ridden the grabber in the snow and ice and it handles pretty nice, but has poor traction in deep mud (4+ inches of muck) I'm sure this tire would perform great even in mud.

George

You slay me............ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mud riding a VTX......... cheers

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 am

061300c wrote:i wonder if it would mount? well being texas i would never need it although i heard it snowed in dallas the othre day

Yeah, but unless you were riding on the roofs of buildings, you were ok. Except maybe on bridges.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  061300c Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:53 pm

kermit wrote:
061300c wrote:i wonder if it would mount? well being texas i would never need it although i heard it snowed in dallas the othre day

Yeah, but unless you were riding on the roofs of buildings, you were ok. Except maybe on bridges.

No i try to stay off of roofs although have been know to take the occasional sidewalk around traffic

061300c

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

061300c wrote:
kermit wrote:

No i try to stay off of roofs although have been know to take the occasional sidewalk around traffic

If ya rode when the sun went down then you'd have a night to remember, other then that it was mainly cold and wet around DFW. I did awake to enough snow to lightly cover the grass but found no ice. It wasn't cold enough and long enough for much ice to form.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down