Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Darkside

4 posters

Go down

Going Darkside Empty Going Darkside

Post  scvmc578 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Bought my CT today, bike is loaded on the trailer to drop to the shop tomorrow for mounting!! The guys at the tire shop where I usually buy and have all my service done were scratching their heads scratch
Want me to drop back by once it's mounted and show them.
scvmc578
scvmc578

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside Empty Re: Going Darkside

Post  exlax Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 pm

scvmc578 wrote:Bought my CT today, bike is loaded on the trailer to drop to the shop tomorrow for mounting!! The guys at the tire shop where I usually buy and have all my service done were scratching their heads scratch
Want me to drop back by once it's mounted and show them.

at least they arent negative about it. Id proudly drive by and show them.

My tire guy went ape shit berzerk on me and lectured me for 10 minutes about his years of experience and all the reasons why a car tire on a bike is just plain ignorant and stupid. I asked him if he had tried it, he said no, and that was the end of the conversation for me. suffice to say, the guys who are mounting my darkside, will probably be doing my regular tires from now on for my other bikes. Post back with your first impressions after you ride it. Ill be getting mine first thing in the morning as well.
exlax
exlax

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside Empty Got similar speach

Post  scvmc578 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, tire guy saying that tire not recommended for rims less than 5" doesn't think it can be mounted on m/c rim. And, if it is mounted on a smaller rim, may re-shape the tire concave in the center....huh? No expert, but don't know how that would happen...we'll see.
scvmc578
scvmc578

Back to top Go down

Post  exlax Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm

it seems to me, if it reshaped the tire in any way, it would be to ever so slightly baloon the center of the tread outwards in such a way that it it is shaped more like a motorcycle tire. Regardless, there are far too many people running a darkside tire on our 3.5" motorcycle rims, for it to be a concern of mine.
exlax
exlax

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside Empty tire guys

Post  scvmc578 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Bottom line...if it works it works, if it don't it don't and we got lots of folks telling us it works.....kinda like Willie Nelson....there's more old drunks than there are old doctors so let's have a round. ROFL
scvmc578
scvmc578

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 pm

scvmc578 wrote:Bottom line...if it works it works, if it don't it don't and we got lots of folks telling us it works.....kinda like Willie Nelson....there's more old drunks than there are old doctors so let's have a round. ROFL

lafer I hate it when you are right!
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 pm

now ask twin for cookies Laughing
dino