Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progressive suspension

2 posters

Go down

Progressive suspension Empty Progressive suspension

Post  jaarch Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Well I finally got time to install my progressive springs and 412 HD shocks. The install was pretty easy and it feels quite a bit more solid just sitting on it. I have not taken it for a ride yet (I'm already drinking a beer) Maybe tomorrow. I'll let you know how it performs.

jaarch

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Back to top Go down

Progressive suspension Empty Re: Progressive suspension

Post  NeonLeon Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Way to go Joe ... the front springs scare me. Have another few beers and you may be seeing the Easter :albino: (I always wanted to work that emoticon in)
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jaarch Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:41 pm

NeonLeon wrote:Way to go Joe ... the front springs scare me. Have another few beers and you may be seeing the Easter :albino: (I always wanted to work that emoticon in)

Nice work!

jaarch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 am

Joe

I think you're going to absolutely love the ride! D Marang had those in his X and it made a huge difference.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaarch Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Well I was able to get my first ride in on the new suspension and WOW! What a difference. It is like riding a different bike. Much more stable in the turns and it seems more responsive to steering input. I used to have a little bit of squirreliness in the rear when shifting in a turn (accelerating from a stop mainly) but not any more. I did not use the stock spacers, I went ahead and made the 3.75 inch ones the instructions recommended and I filled the struts to 5.3 inches as stated in the Honda manual. It does let you feel more of the road but I like that. I don't think it is harsh at all. It's a pretty good mod for less that $350.00 (self installed).

jaarch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down