Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Progressive Glasses

4 posters

Go down

Progressive Glasses Empty Progressive Glasses

Post  Muntz Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:13 am

Is anyone using Progressive Glasses (no line bi-focals) ???
Opinions wanted !!!

I went to the eye doc. today and they said I need bifocals. After going through the 2 pairs of glasses, regular and Rx sunglasses or sunglass clips I've broken / lost the clips or sunglasses so many times I cant count. So I'm looking for a do-it-all pair of glasses. Something I can use every day riding and to work, church, etc. I'll be going with a progressive transition lens so it will get dark like sunglasses, it has a wrap around styling that will help keep bugs out of my eyes when on the bike and are practical for everday use. Heres one I found.
Progressive Glasses Opticsplanet_2027_1188821847

It doesnt want to display the image, click the link below.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/picture-1-bolle-tru-progressive-rx-montauk-sunglasses.html

Let me know what you guys think.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Progressive Glasses Empty Re: Progressive Glasses

Post  grizak Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:27 am

hey Muntz: I have been wearing the progressive transition lens for a few years now. I prefer them over the old bi focals. the ones in in the pic. look nice. I will say that in my experience the progressive transition lens dont quite get as dark as i would like in the bright sun. so in the summer i am looking for clip on shades. to make up the diffrence. sooo long story short. I am still looking for the perfect pair of glasses that will work for everything.. good luck with your search.. Very Happy Very Happy Griz
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:58 am

Muntz you old dog your still around......Been using progressives for a long time, like them better than bifocals. Transitions Dont get dark enough for me either. The windshield of your cage will block the rays that make it get dark, so its even lighter....

So how is Morgan????? Haven't heard anything about her since she was born.
I hope things are going good for you.....Miss talking to you my brother..

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Progressive Glasses Empty Glasses

Post  daves1300s Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Muntz,
I wore the progressive lenses for a few years. Alot depends on what is requiring you to wear glasses in the first place. For example, if you are astigmatic (astigmatisim) the lenses need to be almost completely flat to work properly most of the time. The best thing would be to talk to your doctor and ask if your particular problem lends itself to curved lenses. If so it is just a matter of finding some you like that will block most of the wind from causing your eyes to tear up. Or you could just always use a face shield on your helmet. I used to 'condition' my transition lenses by laying them on the dash of my truck to get them good and hot, my doctor said they would change quicker after treating then like that . . . it did seem to help. I finally got tired of fighting with the glasses (fogging issues) and went to contacts and reading glasses when required. I keep a few pair of the readers from Wally world spread around work and home. Good luck with your search, I did find quite a bit of information last year with a Google search on perscription riding glasses.

Dave

daves1300s

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks for the input. I just hate 2 pairs of glasses or clip ons because I lose / break them. I do wear a modular helmet most of the time or my 3/4 for really short trips. No windshield. I love the wind. Also I'm a daily rider, so I'm not to worried about the transition lenses in the cage. I've had the transitions in the past and while they are not as dark as true sunglasses I think they are better than a lost or broken pair of sunglasses. JMO. I'll check into some riding glasses and see what I come up with.

Anyone with suggestions on prescription riding glasses ???
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: