Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to make the jump

2 posters

Go down

Ready to make the jump Empty Ready to make the jump

Post  tacomagoldwing Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 am

Ok, I received my Bridgestone BT-45 last week Very Happy , my dyna beads Saturday Smile , and my Kuhmo Runflat will be here Monday Smile . I ready to make the plunge. I do have one question. I been reading that you are running the Bridgestone turned around. What is the reason for that? The directional arrows usually have to do with the overlap of the belts. I’ve also noticed the Bridgestone is stamped for rear use only. If anyone could enlighten me on that I would appreciate it. I will be posting pic’s and observations on my journey into the dark side. cheers

tacomagoldwing

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

Ready to make the jump Empty Re: Ready to make the jump

Post  smokey2255 Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 am

Taco, welcome to the site, some run the bt45 reversed thinking the tire will take the wear of stopping better, I an running mine in the normal rotation but have only had it on for 2 weeks and 2500 miles . I have ran it in torrential ran and found that as long as I ran closer to the middle of the speedometer instead of the right side it handled some serious water very well, as I pushed up around 90 it did trend to float on me some. Just remember that with the new rubber on the bike you wil want to take it easy for a bit to scrub them in. enjoy the ride.
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:33 am

Taco, welcome to the site, some run the bt45 reversed thinking the tire will take the wear of stopping better, I an running mine in the normal rotation but have only had it on for 2 weeks and 2500 miles . I have ran it in torrential rain and found that as long as I ran closer to the middle of the speedometer instead of the right side it handled some serious water very well, as I pushed up around 90 it did trend to float on me some. Just remember that with the new rubber on the bike you wil want to take it easy for a bit to scrub them in. enjoy the ride.
See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content