Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PhatII Risers and New Bars - Pics Wanted

5 posters

Go down

PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted Empty PhatII Risers and New Bars - Pics Wanted

Post  Muntz Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I have a 1300R and am thinking of getting Phat II risers and some new bars. Im looking for ideas. Im thinking of something like a drag bar but with a little bit of an angle to it. Im looking for maximum comfort and the most amount of position adjustment. Please post pics. Thanks.

Im thinking of this one:
PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted Handlebars2
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted Empty Re: PhatII Risers and New Bars - Pics Wanted

Post  Painter D Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:13 am

I have the standard "buckhorn" bars on mine, which are just about perfect for me( just the right angle) but I soon found my shoulders getting stiff/sore on long all day rides. discussing this delemna at work, one of the guys told me to sit in a chair. close my eyes and put my arms out where they were comfortable. Now do the same thing sitting onmy bike! THAT'S where you want yor arms to be when riding. So I sent out and found a pair of risers that brought my bars up (about 2") and back (about 2") which was perfect for my riding postion. Now no more aches and pains while riding. It's funny how just that little bit of adjustment makes all the difference on long trips. I see guy with dragbars, leaning forward to reach the bars and it just looks painful to me now.

Painter D

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted Empty Re: PhatII Risers and New Bars - Pics Wanted

Post  jedishon Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 pm

I have 4" risers on mine Muntz with stock bars. there is a lot of adjustability that way too.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 pm

No picks, but I always like the stock bars with pullback risers.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Does anyone know what the standard pullback and rise is on stock R bars with stock risers ???

I found these CP's but the description contradicts itself. In the paragraph it says the pullback is 7 inches and the bottom it says pullback is 11.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/CP_1_25_inch_VTX_Fatty_T_Bars_with_9_Rise_p/cph-1135.htm

PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted CPH-1135
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 am

Muntz wrote:Does anyone know what the standard pullback and rise is on stock R bars with stock risers ???

I found these CP's but the description contradicts itself. In the paragraph it says the pullback is 7 inches and the bottom it says pullback is 11.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/CP_1_25_inch_VTX_Fatty_T_Bars_with_9_Rise_p/cph-1135.htm

Those are 11" of pullback, I have the CP Punishers and they are 13" of pullback. Very Happy
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

I called Cruiser Performance cruiserperformance.com and spoke with Brian about the CPH-1052. He says that it is about a 1 inch rise and 2 inch pullback with a more neutral/natural position over the stock R bars. He also told me that these will work with the stock R cables, hoses and controls. When I asked if they matched other internet prices he told me yes. They will be instock early next week. I think these are going to look & feel awesome.
I found them at phatperformanceparts.com for 214.95 with free shipping.

PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted CPH-11052PhatII Risers and New Bars  - Pics Wanted Cph-1105
I dont think these are the actual model in the picture.
Cruiser Performance 8 inch x 1.50 Punisher Handlebars - VTX
$254.95

(Details from cruiserperformance.com)
Go Big or Go Home. That’s the thought behind this Massive and Mean looking bar for your VTX. We studied VTX riders, and their position, and came away with this extreme design. These provide you the complete package, aggressive feel, ultimate control and show looks. These bars give your bike that custom look that draws all the looks, and leaves other riders jealous.
In our commitment to detail, we make sure welds are polished all the way around to give that ultra clean look. All Chrome is inspected prior to shipping to insure high luster and endurance.

Specs:
8 inch Riser x 13 inches Pullback x 33 inch wide Top Drag

Application:
Honda VTX 1300C (2002-10)
Honda VTX 1300R (2002-10)
Honda VTX 1800C (2002-10) With Barons Speedo Bucket
Honda VTX 1800F (2005-10)
Honda VTX 1800N (2004-10)
Honda VTX 1800R (2002-10)

Add to Cart:

•Model: CPH-1105
•Manufactured by: Cruiser Performance

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz King

Last edited by Muntz on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

00 Doc wrote:
Muntz wrote:Does anyone know what the standard pullback and rise is on stock R bars with stock risers ???

Those are 11" of pullback, I have the CP Punishers and they are 13" of pullback. Very Happy

Doc,
Did you have to change cables, hoses, etc?
Just wanting to be sure the info I got was correct.

Enjoying the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Muntz wrote:
00 Doc wrote:

Doc,
Did you have to change cables, hoses, etc?
Just wanting to be sure the info I got was correct.

Enjoying the Madness,
Muntz King

I switched my C cables for the R model ones and ordered a Motion Pro brake line that was 2" over stock.
It might have worked with the stock brake line but at full fork extension it was a tad tight.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down