Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dammit Joe, you were right

5 posters

Go down

Dammit Joe, you were right Empty Dammit Joe, you were right

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:18 am

Should of listened to you a few years ago. This gerbing heated gear is worth every penny. A balmy 25 degrees out for my ride to work and comfortable, even without the pants (back ordered) I was quite comfy with the carhart bibs and heated jacket and gloves. Thanks for some (more) great advice.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Dammit Joe, you were right Empty Re: Dammit Joe, you were right

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:49 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Should of listened to you a few years ago. This gerbing heated gear is worth every penny. A balmy 25 degrees out for my ride to work and comfortable, even without the pants (back ordered) I was quite comfy with the carhart bibs and heated jacket and gloves. Thanks for some (more) great advice.

See you out there
Smokey
Only way to go my friend we took off on a 500 mile day trip to Hattiesburg , Mississippi a few years ago it was 9 degrees that morning when I pulled my bike out of the garage. My neck and face did get cold however with the Gerbing jacket liner, pants, gloves and boot incerts the rest of me was awesome....Best money you can spend to add enjoyment to year around riding.....New Wing now this...You Can't Hide Money Very Happy
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Yep, love my gloves, need the pant/jacket liners and socks. But surprising once I had the gloves the 18* wasn't an issue.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:Yep, love my gloves, need the pant/jacket liners and socks. But surprising once I had the gloves the 18* wasn't an issue.
I've only had the pants and boot liners on a couple times however the jacket liner and gloves are standard equipment .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyDraco Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

6* 2 years ago one time I had to go food shopping... Socks,Gloves,Pants,Jacket Liner ..
And my Zub/Balaclava.... I was as snug as a bug in a rug...

IMHO Gerbings is the BEST investment you'll make for your bike ... cheers
LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm

My homemade heated gear is just the jacket liner and gloves, which just get lukewarm. One 20 degree day I rode out and the fingers got pretty stiff, but my legs never did. I was wearing johns, jeans, chaps, 2 pair underwear, and the crashbars have the bar chaps on them - those things are golden! My boots actually stay WARM!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:20 am

Yeah, cant hide it Joe Laughing I figure we only get one go around at this life. May as well enjoy it to the best of our abilities. Laughing
I got the extreme element (XE) jacket and pants with the t-5 gloves. I was worried about needing to carry extra clothes for the get off periods when it is really cold out, but am happy to say that at 15 degrees without power the jacket and gloves will keep you alive as they block the wind and do a good job of holding in your body heat. Can't wait to get the pants in, maybe then I will try the insoles too. Didn't really need them at 25 degrees. I do wear full wool socks in the winter so I am sure that helped. Calling for snow and freezing rain next couiple of days here so the mistress is parked for a couple days. It was nice to get a reprieve from the dreaded PMS even if only for a day, it was much needed. For someone that just got back into riding 5 years ago, I think I may be a bit obsessed Very Happy Laughing understatement ya think? Suspect
I cant wait to try the gerbings out in the rain too, they claim total dryness with them. I will update yall when I get the chance to test them out.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content