Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chit fuel.

4 posters

Go down

Chit fuel. Empty Chit fuel.

Post  Badmoon Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:27 am

Here, Yall read this. Man. WTF.

http://www.motorcycle-accessories-wiseguy.com/ethanol-motorcycle.html
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Chit fuel. Empty Re: Chit fuel.

Post  jedishon Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 am

I asked when I bought mine. They said the mileage would drop and the engine would get hotter. But never ever go over 10%. About 6 months ago the last station around here switched over and I hate it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:50 am

Once again, it was amazing at just what the American Sheeple will swallow without complaint...and here we are.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:04 am

The first post in this thread had some matter-of-fact, common sense thoughts about the ethanol blend. Most of us are using it, and quite often without knowing it. I've used it in all my bikes since it came out, when I could find it in the early days. It is certainly much better than the oil based MTBE that the oil companies pushed, spending millions in making the gullible American public dislike ethanol so much. Using some additive to help reduce the CO2 emissions has reduced pollution throughout North America.

What is humorous is that in a forum dedicated to thinking outside the box, so many buy into the oil companies propaganda.

Yep, you loose about 3% in gas mileage, after all it's only 10% of the total volume, and if you improperly store it for long periods of time, it probably will cause more rust in gas tanks. But anyone putting the 85% ethanol in their tank, on purpose, is beyond help anyway. Ethanol also doesn't save but a slight amount in total energy consumption, as we use the most energy consuming methods to produce it, other ethanol using countries use a less energy consuming process and have a better total energy gain by using it.

We can all agree that using feed corn for making ethanol is not the best, or even a good way of doing it, but oil companies forced legislation through that keeps us from buying the cheaper ethanol made in other countries from sugar cane refuse and other non-food crops. We should be using corn refuse, and other non-food grasses to make ethanol, and it would be a true 'alternate' source of power.

Of course, if you've a bike much more than 20 years old, you shouldn't be using ethanol, or should have replaced all the rubber gaskets and hoses with those now used. But haven't seen too many bikes talked about on this forum that were around before ethanol was being added to gas.[i]
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 pm

For the first time I actually agree with Fly.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down