Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just checking in

2 posters

Go down

Just checking in Empty Just checking in

Post  onei Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 pm

I don't post much, I mainly lurk ... I know, I know. Cool

Anyway, I just thought I would check in and offer a quick update/testimonial to the Darkside. I put my first CT on back in Aug. 2008. Here's my log entry when i did it: 8/21/08 - Went "Darkside" on rear ($198.00 installed) (35,672 miles). Well today I am still using the same tire, the odometer reads 51,875. I have at least 5,000 miles left (and probably closer to 10,000) before I will need to replace it...probably some time next Summer. I'm on my second front tire since replacing the rear. I was hoping for 30K out of this tire, but I will be happy with 20K and that will happen with no problem.

Quick question: If you've ran more than one CT, what is the average mileage you are getting out of your CT?

I was hoping to get to take a trip this year, but it wasn't to happen. And when I say road trip, I mean at least 1,000 miles one way. I have not been able to take a road trip in two years and I am itching to go. So hopefully in the Spring I can get away. I still want to go ride the Dragon and hope to do that next year. We will see. Cool

So, thanks for the heads up on the CT and happy riding to everyone. :pirat:
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Just checking in Empty Re: Just checking in

Post  jedishon Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 am

Good to hear from you Onei. I got 27,000 out of my Douglas. Went thru 2 1/2 front tires doing it. I know the feeling about taking a road trip.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down