Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darksider

4 posters

Go down

New Darksider Empty New Darksider

Post  smokey_243 Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Last week I finally did it. I mounted a 195-65-15 on my 2001 Sabre and all I can say is I love it. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. There is plenty of clearance all around so I'm thinking next time I might go with a 205. I put on a Goodyear Eagle LS because it was cheap and I didn't know if it would work or not, money always a consideration. Let me tell you the ride is so much smoother, tracking is good, gravel doesn't pose any problems ( it's two miles of gravel to the blacktop from my place ). Actually the bike seems to ride better on the gravel than before the mod. At present theres 40 pounds in the tire and I'll be droping down to 38 in a week or so. It took two tries and 85 lbs to seat the bead, pop pop! If any of you are thinking about doing this don't hesitate just get're done. Oh yes, the conering is great. I didn't scrape the floorboards but close to it. I'm glad I did it. Very Happy

smokey_243

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

New Darksider Empty Re: New Darksider

Post  jedishon Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Welcome to the darkside. Put some miles on it and give us a review of the tire, plaese.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey_243 Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:23 am

Ive got a couple hundred miles on the tire now and all is well. It's just great. I ride almost every day so it won't take long to put some miles on it. I'll keep you posted.

smokey_243

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am

cheers Wooohoooo! Congrats
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey_243 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:19 am

Twin 1300, I see you're from Denham Springs. I had some friends living in or around there. Do you happen to know a family by the name of Dill? It was Jim and Larie a daughter named Sandra and a son named Mike. I'm origanally from Houma, left there after high school and spent 20 years in the Navy.

smokey_243

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:15 am

smokey_243 wrote:Twin 1300, I see you're from Denham Springs. I had some friends living in or around there. Do you happen to know a family by the name of Dill? It was Jim and Larie a daughter named Sandra and a son named Mike. I'm origanally from Houma, left there after high school and spent 20 years in the Navy.

Moon lives in Houma.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm

smokey_243 wrote:Twin 1300, I see you're from Denham Springs. I had some friends living in or around there. Do you happen to know a family by the name of Dill? It was Jim and Larie a daughter named Sandra and a son named Mike. I'm origanally from Houma, left there after high school and spent 20 years in the Navy.

No I do not know them sir! But I will check around and see!

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Welcome to the Darkside. Enjoy all the benefits of running a superior tire. Look forward to seeing you around.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down