Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got it on today

4 posters

Go down

finally got it on today Empty finally got it on today

Post  Big Oz Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 am

Okay, I have done it. I have switched over to the darkside. It ended up being a very expensive day though. While installing the tire, my bike fell off of the jack and landing of all places on my wifes CUSTOM painted vtx 1800 N. I am in the doghouse now. Called the insurance agent who used to live across the street. She came over and had us call and make a claim. The nice lady in Austin, Tx. told me someone would call me back soon. 2 hours later, they had not called so I called them. I was then informed no one that does speciality stuff like that works on the weekends and since its a holiday weekend, it will be Tuesday before someone will call me. Called the painter, he said bring it up and he will get to work on it. I'm in the doghouse till its fixed. Back to the tire, got it on. Took it for a short ride. It was rubbing on the left side. Had to pull it back off and grind off 1/2" on my hidden hitch. Checked it out, had my daughter get on and checked it again. Looks good. Took it for another short ride. Much better. I ride a VTX 1800 Neo with a hidden hitch. When the receiver is not in, you cant tell I have a hitch. Going for a good test ride tomorrow, cant wait.
Big Oz
Big Oz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

finally got it on today Empty Re: finally got it on today

Post  twin1300 Sun May 30, 2010 7:30 am

Oh snap! That sucks on the wife's bike!

Congrats and Welcome to the darkside though! Take it easy for the first 100 miles or so to get the mold release off. Start around 35 psi to start and enjoy the ride.

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun May 30, 2010 7:59 am

Ditto on what Twin said, plus take lots of pictures of your wifes bike incase the insurance person misses something.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun May 30, 2010 1:44 pm

where did you get the hitch?

Congrats and welcome, stop dropping bikes on each other.... that's not how this game goes....
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Oz Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 pm

thanks, already took lots of pics, and he wont miss anything cause I will be standing right there while he goes over it. Painter is on standby with colors ready...gas to do a very fast turnaround. Have a short ride next Saturday, and a weekend trip the next weekend to float down the river. Not gonna be out of the doghouse till its fixed. Road 100 miles on it today. Had my daughter on, picked a couple of roads with some decent twisties in them. Took it easy on the first set to get the feel of it. Had a little more fun on the second set. Loving it....as for the hitch, my dad and I made it...removed the inner fender brace and replaced it with our custom made hitch.
Big Oz
Big Oz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down