Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got it done!

+5
Steve-O
nodakbassmaster
jedishon
Morgan Buchanan
BigDaddy52
9 posters

Go down

finally got it done! Empty finally got it done!

Post  BigDaddy52 Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 pm

it took long enough but I finally went darkside. I put a toyahoma 205/55/16 on my 2002 1800. I have put 140 mi on it including a 92 mi drive early this morning, It does seem to feel a bit different handling but am getting used to it, hope to have pics up soon.
BigDaddy52
BigDaddy52

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

finally got it done! Empty Re: finally got it done!

Post  Morgan Buchanan Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Good on ya! Smile
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Congrtas and welcome to the darkside......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 am

let us know whatcha think in a few more miles and bring on the pics...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 am

You do KNOW there is a new tire on the back! Let us know how it goes.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDaddy52 Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 am

ok, a lil update on the new tire, I have put almost 1000 mi on it now and am very pleased with it so far, yeah it feels a lil funny in tight curves and I am still leary of leaning it a lot, but am sure it is just me , I feel the tire will do fine in the curves. I had a lil accident last night and dropped my bike , was leaving a friends house trying to thread my bike between a truck and a 4-5 ft ditch,,well to make a long story short for some reason I let the bike slow and got out of balance, went to put my left foot down , well the ditch was on the left side so there was nowhere to put my foot so the bike and I both rolled down into the ditch,,ouch!,,nothing broke on me, just bruised up bad and out of work for a week, but I will mend, the bike has a broken rear blinker, a bent crash bar, and a few scratches, but it cranked up and ran fine, my son drove it home for me and I got to take a ambulance ride, lol,,,wil be a day or so before I cn get back on my bike, but all will be ok,,,stay safe friends
BigDaddy52
BigDaddy52

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:40 am

You and your bike fell 4-5 ft and thats all that happened.....Man I'm glad it wasn't worse. An 800 lb bike falling on you from 4 ft could do some real damage......You didn't say... Did they play the siren for ya...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Glad all is well after you fell down, hang in there with your Toyahoma, don't blame the tire Exclamation

Last edited by Dan on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDaddy52 Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I was lucky when I fell, the crash bar and the walls of the ditch saved me from getting crushed by the bike, and yeh the ambulance played their song for me, lol,,,been a paramedic for 15 yrs and now I finally know how my patients feel, lol,,soon as I get to where I can walk I will post pics, stay safe everyone
BigDaddy52
BigDaddy52

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDaddy52 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm

ok, my bike an myself are both back on the road after my accident, have still only put maybe 2000 mi on the ct,,but am loving it, just to add a lil something here, I was at the local hd dealer mon,,just killing time, had been cooped up with rain and cold for a while, an the hd was the only dealer opened on mon here, I got to talking to a salesman and mentioned the ct on my bike , of course he ha to look at it and was very imoressed,,he called another salesman over to look at it,,he was not impresse,,said something about I ha better not lean to far or the tire would pop, lol,,I just ignored him and went on my way,,I am not concerened about it poping, as I have leaned it over far enough to scrape the pegs several times sincce I had the ct put on an it has nt popped anyway, has anyone here ever had that happen or heard of that happening?..am just curious as I rarely scrape anything anyway, more of a cruiser rider, like to put along and enjoy the scenery most of the time,,though I have had the 1800 up to 120 and had plenty most left, lol,,stay safe everyone
BigDaddy52
BigDaddy52

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Your story about the guy thinking your tire will pop reminds me. My Kuhmo is down to the wear bars now. The other day I was looking at the tire, and the little tire wiskers about 1/2 inch around the curve are still untouched. I thought it would make a really good picture to show how car tires don't ride on their sidewalls at all.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:35 pm

BigDaddy52 wrote:ok, my bike an myself are both back on the road after my accident, have still only put maybe 2000 mi on the ct,,but am loving it, just to add a lil something here, I was at the local hd dealer mon,,just killing time, had been cooped up with rain and cold for a while, an the hd was the only dealer opened on mon here, I got to talking to a salesman and mentioned the ct on my bike , of course he ha to look at it and was very imoressed,,he called another salesman over to look at it,,he was not impresse,,said something about I ha better not lean to far or the tire would pop, lol,,I just ignored him and went on my way,,I am not concerened about it poping, as I have leaned it over far enough to scrape the pegs several times sincce I had the ct put on an it has nt popped anyway, has anyone here ever had that happen or heard of that happening?..am just curious as I rarely scrape anything anyway, more of a cruiser rider, like to put along and enjoy the scenery most of the time,,though I have had the 1800 up to 120 and had plenty most left, lol,,stay safe everyone

I will be glad to report that after millions of miles of guys here on the darkside, not one complaint of one popping! ...................................... Very Happy

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  shaw351 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:26 am

ttexastim wrote:Your story about the guy thinking your tire will pop reminds me. My Kuhmo is down to the wear bars now. The other day I was looking at the tire, and the little tire wiskers about 1/2 inch around the curve are still untouched. I thought it would make a really good picture to show how car tires don't ride on their sidewalls at all.

Tim, post up a picture before you take the tire off if you can, I have had this discussion with a few " Professionals " and I would like to print out the pixx and see what their " Expert " opinion would be. Joe Cool
shaw351
shaw351

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:54 am

I'll do it.

I'll also take the picture when I'm in the city. My driveway is 1/2 mile of dirt, and as Dave and Steve can attest from our last shadow dinner, When I'm driving in the city, the part of the tire that is actually used turns back to black, while the sidewalls are all covered in dust. It makes for a very compelling picture to show just how much of the tire actually touches the road.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down