Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Amazing Things

4 posters

Go down

Two Amazing Things Empty Two Amazing Things

Post  Spuddaddy Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

One I've about 1000 miles on the Darkside.....I love this tire on my bike.....dry conditions it performs better than the Dunlop 555 I had on the bike....
My reason for switching was a experience I had getting caught in a thunderstorm with my son on the bike....
I have yet to get a good storm to ride in.....but will take the opportunity to do it when I can.....

The second amazing thing is how vehemently people feel about not using a car tire on a motorcycle.....
I'm not even sure where they get this idea that it won't work.....
Example:
Guys here at work (we work in research and development) will walk outside look at my bike and start in on me about how they will come and pick me up out of the ditch....and how they would never put there precious machine in danger by putting a car tire on.

confused confused scratch scratch
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Two Amazing Things Empty Re: Two Amazing Things

Post  jedishon Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 am

Car tire is not for everyone. After a year of them seeing you not go down they will get curious about trying it. Just send them here.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuddaddy Wed May 26, 2010 9:21 am

Hey
That name , that bike and that quote look Haven'ly familiar!!
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Welcome to the club for sure! We get it all the time.

So...here's one that will get you! Ride with some guys and you run off and leave them in the twisty stuff and have to wait on them to show up at the restaurant and the conversations comes up that the darkside doesn't work! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing I was like how did you get that, I ran off and left you and now you tell everyone at the table it doesn't work and you cannot turn with a car tire. Simply amazing the ignorance of people.

.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuddaddy Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm

twin1300 wrote:Welcome to the club for sure! We get it all the time.

So...here's one that will get you! Ride with some guys and you run off and leave them in the twisty stuff and have to wait on them to show up at the restaurant and the conversations comes up that the darkside doesn't work! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing I was like how did you get that, I ran off and left you and now you tell everyone at the table it doesn't work and you cannot turn with a car tire. Simply amazing the ignorance of people.

.................bobby

I just don't get it????
THe guys I work with are presented with problems that are huge ....and alot of the solutions come out of left field...so these people are used to thinking outside the box......except when it comes to a car tire on a bike????? confused scratch
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Spud your wasting a lot of mental energy. Time will prove you right. They don't get it nowb ut the future hasn't been written yet.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 pm

You really are a part of the club now. Smile Just ride your ride. I think Daniel Meyer is my hero for how he handles this stuff. It does no good to argue. Don't try to convert, and don't try to show how it works, just ride and enjoy the peice of heaven you've found. Smile AND ... get a cookie! LOL
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Spuddaddy Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 pm

ttexastim wrote:You really are a part of the club now. Smile Just ride your ride. I think Daniel Meyer is my hero for how he handles this stuff. It does no good to argue. Don't try to convert, and don't try to show how it works, just ride and enjoy the peice of heaven you've found. Smile AND ... get a cookie! LOL

Cookies.....I love Cookies!!!!

Again good to see you ttexastim cheers
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down