Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now....to get the things done to my X.

+2
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Bulldogparts
6 posters

Go down

Now....to get the things done to my X. Empty Now....to get the things done to my X.

Post  Bulldogparts Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 am

Well, after all the worrying about.......

A) Darkside or not
B) Spitting, sputtering, and backfiring
C) Rebuilding carbs and getting them RIGHT

BOBBIE RODE HER BIKE TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

Last week got the new Metz front, and Mich Hydro Edge installed.
Thursday night I pulled the carbs and soaked and cleaned them.
Last night, I put the carbs back together.
Today I re-installed them (found the return throttle cable was broken and ordered a new one) gave it a little more fuel via 3-1/4 turns out on the mixture screws, installed new exhaust gaskets, installed new floorboards and made a heel stop for them, and adjusted the windshield to her liking.

After that we rode about 40 miles on some backroads around the house.

Talk about PROUD. Of myself for getting it all back together and running. Tackled something that I'd never done before, and it PURRRs.

And proud of Bobbie for a good first ride on something bigger than a 250!! I took her down some winding and weaving roads, and had her make a few tight turns. She did a great job all the way!! You can probably tell from the pics that she was having a ball!!

Oh, one last thing...I did synch the carbs. Made a manometer myself, and a special tool for adjusting the synch screw.

Now, it's time to get all the new stuff on the X. Desmogged, Doug's intake, trailer hitch, new driving lights, and...umm....I'm sure something else will come up later.Well, after all the worrying about.......

Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Now....to get the things done to my X. Empty Re: Now....to get the things done to my X.

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:57 am

Bulldogparts wrote:

BOBBIE RODE HER BIKE TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

You can probably tell from the pics that she was having a ball!!

Question Where's the pictures Question
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Now....to get the things done to my X. Empty Re: Now....to get the things done to my X.

Post  Bulldogparts Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 am

Here they are. I must not be doing something right. But, if you copy and paste the address, you can see them. Highlight starting at http: and stop at .jpg on the first line of each url only. Then paste it to your address bar. Wish I was 10 years old again, I'd have them where you could just click on the links to see them.

https://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/bulldogparts/?action=view¤t=100_0583.jpg

https://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/bulldogparts/?action=view¤t=100_0581.jpg

https://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/bulldogparts/?action=view¤t=100_0585.jpg
Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am

Somebody looks like they are having a good time. Great pics BTW. Now....to get the things done to my X. 7

Now....to get the things done to my X. Th_100_0583

Now....to get the things done to my X. Th_100_0581

Now....to get the things done to my X. Th_100_0585
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 am

Bulldog,

I am a little confused. You are saying your VTX has dual carbs????????

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 am

What is a carb. I thought carbs are something you had to keep track of when you eat. Obviously I dont. Thank God for Fuel Injection.
She looks like she is havin fun.
Gonna go ride today, after the dreaded phone calls. But is going to be some nice down south.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am

She is having fun. Congrats on all of it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum