Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outstanding ride today...

4 posters

Go down

Outstanding ride today... Empty Outstanding ride today...

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 pm

We took off this morning headin' toward The Great Smoky Mountains. All the years I've lived around here and today was my first time to check out Fort Dickerson .One of the Union forts built to protect the southern approaches to Knoxville, Fort Dickerson is now part of a city park. Confederates under Gen. Joseph Wheeler attacked the place Nov 15-16, 1864, but were turned back.I could'nt find any information about numbers killed at this battle Question

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10002

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10003

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10004

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10006

My ridin' bud Greg checkin' out the rifle barrel of the cannon.

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10005

Went through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg just to check out the women Smile Took Little River Road over into Cades Cove and then hit The Foothills Parkway.Here's a few pictures from Little River Road and The Foothills Parkway.

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10008

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10009

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10012

We was takin' a break in the shade when the dude on this bike came rolling in wanting to know if we had any tools he said " My air-filter fell off going down the road " We hooked him and got him rollin' again. I like the color combo on this bike and think it would look good on a Valkyrie.

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10014

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10013

The plan at this point was to see if we could get the dude guardin' US 129 to let us through so we would'nt have to go all the way around to The Cherohala Skyline to hit The Dragon. He said " Hell No , No Way "....He claimed they had one lane open for awhile to let the cops and meat wagon in but last thursday they blew the whole side of the mountain off into the road he said " It's got more rock in the road now than it had when the rockslide happened " . It was a beautiful day in the hood and perfect for motorcycling in the mountains.

Outstanding ride today... SundayRide5-23-10015
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Outstanding ride today... Empty Re: Outstanding ride today...

Post  tods58 Sun May 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Joe, I Like that yellow valkrie. Very Happy Nice pictures too.
tods58
tods58

Number of posts : 30
Location : [IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af132/tnyzipperer/boxtruck006.jpg[/IMG]
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun May 23, 2010 6:58 pm

tods58 wrote:Joe, I Like that yellow valkrie. Very Happy Nice pictures too.

Thank you Smile In one month ( June 10 ) I've owned this bike for 12 years and it's been on the Dark Side for 11 of those years.

Outstanding ride today... Killboy2

Picture below taken at the resting place of Ronnie Van Zant ( Lynyrd Skynyrd ) in Jacksonville , Florida

Outstanding ride today... SouthernRock-SwampRide037
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Nice pics Joe.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Another great ride. Cant wait to share the wind with you brother. See you friday

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tods58 Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 pm

[quote="Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005"]We took off this morning headin' toward The Great Smoky Mountains. All the years I've lived around here and today was my first time to check out Fort Dickerson .One of the Union forts built to protect the southern approaches to Knoxville, Fort Dickerson is now part of a city park. Confederates under Gen. Joseph Wheeler attacked the place Nov 15-16, 1864, but were turned back.I could'nt find any information about numbers killed at this battle Question http://www.discoveret.org/kcwrt/sites/sd-text.htm Joe this url tells a lot about the earthen forts around knoxville.
tods58
tods58

Number of posts : 30
Location : [IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af132/tnyzipperer/boxtruck006.jpg[/IMG]
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun May 23, 2010 8:40 pm

[quote="tods58"]
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:We took off this morning headin' toward The Great Smoky Mountains. All the years I've lived around here and today was my first time to check out Fort Dickerson .One of the Union forts built to protect the southern approaches to Knoxville, Fort Dickerson is now part of a city park. Confederates under Gen. Joseph Wheeler attacked the place Nov 15-16, 1864, but were turned back.I could'nt find any information about numbers killed at this battle Question http://www.discoveret.org/kcwrt/sites/sd-text.htm Joe this url tells a lot about the earthen forts around knoxville.

Thanks for the link that was a good read Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun May 23, 2010 8:44 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Another great ride. Cant wait to share the wind with you brother. See you friday

See you out there
Smokey

Lookin' forward to it Larry it looks like we'll have a nice turn-out on this ride and the forecast is looking great as of now also <-----Fingers crossed ...See you friday evening in K-Town Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down