Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I could have just went for a ride today....

+2
smokey2255
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
6 posters

Go down

I could have just went for a ride today.... Empty I could have just went for a ride today....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Changed the oil and filter, washed ,waxed and detailed all three today. Not the best way to spent a sunny day with temps in the 50's but it's done now. I could have just went for a ride today.... Bikes010Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

I could have just went for a ride today.... Empty Re: I could have just went for a ride today....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I could have just went for a ride today.... Bikes012Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I could have just went for a ride today.... Empty Re: I could have just went for a ride today....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 pm

I could have just went for a ride today.... Bikes021Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Beautiful bikes Joe> I too should of went riding today but with the Daughter home on leave and my working second shift this week I needed to spend the time with her. Lower 40's here today beautiful outside.

See you out there.
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:02 pm

Hope to get to meet you Smokey someday I have a Fall Color Ride here in the beautiful Tennessee / North Carolina mountains every year ( 3rd weekend in Oct. ) . Last Oct. 53 bikes ( all brands ) rode with me. Two Valkyrie riders from Illinois ride down every year to join us . Keep this in mind I have no doubt you will love the roads we ride...Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grizak Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Nice bikes SmokinJoe : I also was admiring the beautiful day. and would have went for a ride if i had not had to work all day Crying or Very sad Have a nice one and enjoy whats left of the weekend Cool Very Happy
grizak
grizak

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:Hope to get to meet you Smokey someday I have a Fall Color Ride here in the beautiful Tennessee / North Carolina mountains every year ( 3rd weekend in Oct. ) . Last Oct. 53 bikes ( all brands ) rode with me. Two Valkyrie riders from Illinois ride down every year to join us . Keep this in mind I have no doubt you will love the roads we ride...Bring It...LET'S RIDE Smile

Game on Joe. I will have to save a couple days vacation for it. Sounds like a good time.

See you out there.
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:40 pm

grizak wrote:Nice bikes SmokinJoe : I also was admiring the beautiful day. and would have went for a ride if i had not had to work all day Crying or Very sad Have a nice one and enjoy whats left of the weekend Cool Very Happy
Thank You ...I've got the Suzuki Bandit 1200 S for sale I've had a few bites but no one has showed me the money. I'm wanting a Kawasaki Concours 1400 or a nice low mile 1800 Goldwing.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  battoo Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 pm

I did go for a ride it was probably the last nice day for a while , it is hard to get a mid 50 degree day this time of year here in the Memphis area , I caught upwith 9 of my fellow Wolf Packers and we rode 200 plus miles just for Grins and you kn ow what it worked Very Happy
battoo
battoo

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Joe, your yard sure is beautiful. I've told my wife if we ever leave Wyoming it will be to movve to eastern TN. I grew up in far north east GA and dearly miss those mountains some days.

Then again when I had a sport bike I kinda enjoyed being able to keep it on the top side of 160mph for 15-20 miles at a time out here Smile

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

gstanfield wrote:Joe, your yard sure is beautiful. I've told my wife if we ever leave Wyoming it will be to movve to eastern TN. I grew up in far north east GA and dearly miss those mountains some days.

Then again when I had a sport bike I kinda enjoyed being able to keep it on the top side of 160mph for 15-20 miles at a time out here Smile

George
Where did you grow up at ? We ride to Sushes - Brasstown Bald - Helen- Dahlonega etc. all the time . I love those roads Smile The Honda Hoot is in Knoxville ,TN again this year . Hope to get to meet you someday. Oh yeah the " yard " is a hay field beside the house Smile I could have just went for a ride today.... MileMarker1Ride029Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  trell Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 pm

we go to knoxville tn. all the time on the way to cherokee n.c. my wife has some land on the resv.
i like the country down that way my brother lives on hwy. 63 in huntsville....don't like that sale tax yu'll
got down there about 10% ain't it...smokey are you close to the n.c. line....trell

trell

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  trell Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:13 pm

sorry , said smokey instead of smokinjoe....trell

trell

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Grew up just north of Toccoa, GA and spent the first 23 years of my life all over them hills. My regular Sunday ride was to ride up to Helen, then up the Unicoi turnpike to hwy2 over to Clayton then back down home. Of course if I had the time I would keep going north to pigeon forge or Seveirville and then back down via 129 & 28 south from Maryville.

I think I got the right roads there, my memory could be off a tad Smile

Anyway, I miss those hills and the times I was actually able to wear a tire out on the edges more than the middle. Now I live in a state with mroe dirt roads than paved and about seven curves total.

Of course all them dirt roads sure are fun on my DRZ400S bounce

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Oh yeah, as soon as the twins are born and stable I'm going to be heading down that way to visit some family. I'll have to trailer down due to the twins and all, but I'll be burning up some twisties while the twins spend quality time with their grandparents.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:25 pm

trell wrote:we go to knoxville tn. all the time on the way to cherokee n.c. my wife has some land on the resv.
i like the country down that way my brother lives on hwy. 63 in huntsville....don't like that sale tax yu'll
got down there about 10% ain't it...smokey are you close to the n.c. line....trell
Let me know the next time you ride this way I live 20 miles north of Knoxville . We ride year around and I'm always up to meet folks that share my love of motorcycling.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down