Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally a Darksider.

3 posters

Go down

Finally a Darksider. Empty Finally a Darksider.

Post  stayung Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Well yesterday was the day. The disassembly was fairly easy but putting the tire back in under the fender with a makeshift jackstand was retarded in the first place but lesson learned.
Now the agravating part. Could not get the seam to pop with my buddies air. Let air out and refilled, still nothing. Reinstalled wheel to bike to see if weight would help. rolled back and forth some, nothing. Had to ride 1.5 miles to another guys house with a bigger compressor. That was a rough ride with the wheel warped. His was not strong enough. Rode another 1.5 miles to a used tire sales place. The tire did seam up and guy checked pressure, let some air out, checked pressure, let some air out.
I rode home and the ride was exactly normal, no more no less, took some backroad twisties and rode through uptown. No difference.
This afternoon I went out to check the air pressure but my gauge was not deep enough to push the stem (cheap gift from job). Rode up to the gas station to check there and damn thing said 90. Checked the front and it said 35 so added 5 to it. Went to check the back again since I am about sure the gauge worked. Still 90 so I broke a small branch from a nearby bush and started taking some air out. Got it down to 40 and went riding. Very smooth ride now for sure. Had some vibration before that didn't seem odd from the stock dunlop, now I know the excessive air caused that. Went and did a couple burnouts. The rolling burnouts are short as hell cause this tire hooks up.The front brake burnouts have a new aroma to them (kinda sweet). Won't be alot of that but wanted to see what my restrictions would be. All funtions are there.

The look may not be for everybody. My 1300R fender hides the bulk of it. Hope the milage upgrade is worth the very small hassle of this being an exclusive club and all.LOL.

Finally a Darksider. SNC00411
stayung
stayung

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Finally a Darksider. Empty Re: Finally a Darksider.

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:44 pm

cheers
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Welcome to the darkside. Twin doesn't give his cookies to any one, but if you ask you might get an empty box.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down