Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT....

+3
vtxreaper
jedishon
ESKIMO
7 posters

Go down

1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT.... Empty 1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT....

Post  ESKIMO Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:40 pm

cheers ......finally did it....TODAY.....THIS AFTERNOON...should have done it a looooong time ago....got tired of low mileage range of m/c tires....tried different brands as well as diferent model numbers....5 rear tires in 38,500 miles in 3 1/2 years.........bike is a 05 vtx 1800f2....had the toyo t1r 215/45zr/18 mounted......shop said it would not fit..but it did...only about 25 miles today...but will try tomorrow for some more...taking it easy as of now..handles a little different but should be no time and will be more use to the difference......have been lurking on this site for some time.....will post agaain after a few more miles........ESKIMO

ESKIMO

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT.... Empty Re: 1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT....

Post  jedishon Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Welcome to the site and the darkside. You dont have to wait for your empty cookie box in the mail, you can just go get it from Twin.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT.... Empty Re: 1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT....

Post  vtxreaper Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 am

Welcome to our side!! That different feeling goes away real quick with a bit of riding. I have had a Toyo Proxes on my scoot for three years now and shows very little wear and I bought the tire used on e-bay when I wanted to test the Darkside waters. Still on there, at least 15,000 miles and much more to go.
I rode sport bikes for years. The car tire gives a much higher level of performance as far as I am concerned. I can dive and lean into turns like never before. The M/C tire on the rear never gave me the wet handling or the dry grip I have with the car tire. I have been so far over in some turns that there is a flat spot on the bottom of the tip of my exhaust from ground contact.
Good luck, ride safe..

REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:08 am

Congrats Lurker!!!! Razz Laughing Razz Laughing You will continue to love it and don't forget to try different air pressures to match it to your riding style.

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 am

that's a good tire! Mine has been on for a few years... please post back with your findings!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

1ST TIME DARKSIDE....FINALLY DID IT.... Empty UPDATE ON GOING DARKSIDE

Post  ESKIMO Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:22 pm

sorry it has taken so long to post this update...but having problems getting the smile off of my face and releasing the throttle grip,,,,,,,,10,000 miles later and the toyo t1r 215/45zr/18 still looks new...a small power curve in learning the handling difference but i comes naturally like i have always been a DARKSIDER....have been able to share my riding info with others that questioned my sanity....and a couple have decided to make the change also..don;t try to push it just let them to deceid for them selves like i had to do...will never leave and go back to the m/c type tires...ride safe.. ESKIMO

ESKIMO

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:12 pm

ESKIMO wrote:sorry it has taken so long to post this update...but having problems getting the smile off of my face and releasing the throttle grip,,,,,,,,10,000 miles later and the toyo t1r 215/45zr/18 still looks new...a small power curve in learning the handling difference but i comes naturally like i have always been a DARKSIDER....have been able to share my riding info with others that questioned my sanity....and a couple have decided to make the change also..don;t try to push it just let them to deceid for them selves like i had to do...will never leave and go back to the m/c type tires...ride safe.. ESKIMO

cheers
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkside Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:53 am

Welcome! I really like the constant counter-steer through corners. It gives the feeling of much more control than a MC tire does! cheers
Darkside
Darkside

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 am

I'm with you. After many months of the thing, I don't even really notice anymore. The sweet spot pressure makes a huge difference too. One problem I have is leaning too far and scratching up the crash bars, but that's gonna happen with me. I slammed 'em hard the other day, but I forgot the ol' lady was on the back and the bike sits lower.
Watch for that.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down