Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question

4 posters

Go down

06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question Empty 06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question

Post  nyarltep Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Aloha everyone.
I am buying a sidecar for my 2006 Dyna Superglide. I want to put a car tire on the front rim to give me better traction and handling. What tire would be a good fit for this bike?
Mahalo!

PS. here is a picture of my ride.
06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question Dyna_northshore3

Last edited by nyarltep on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

nyarltep

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question Empty Re: 06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 am

Nice looking ride. Don't know of a ct that would fit the front. Dont even know where to start looking. What size tire is on there now?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question Empty Re: 06 Harley Dyna Superglide front car tire question

Post  nyarltep Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have a 100/90 19 M/C 57H ME 880 Marathon on the front
and a 160/70 B17 M/C Dunlop K591 on the rear
I guess I really should put a car tire on the rear when I get my sidecar.
Any suggestions?

nyarltep

Back to top Go down

Post  BoomerBob Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Please don't put a CT on the front of your bike. Even with a hack it just won't ride right.

CT's work great on the back but not on the front - even with a side car.

BoomerBob

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nyarltep Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 am

Ok I will take your advise. Mahalo.

nyarltep

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 am

BoomerBob wrote:Please don't put a CT on the front of your bike. Even with a hack it just won't ride right.

CT's work great on the back but not on the front - even with a side car.

I'm curious to know why you say not to use a ct on the front of a bike with a sidecar. Have you tried putting a ct on the front or know someone who has put one on the front? Assuming since the bike won't lean in the corners the ct would give more grip since it would have a bigger footprint, that is just my opinion of course and I have been wrong many times. Now I'm not saying you are wrong I'm just curious as to the reasoning why you say not to. Question

On the other hand since it is a 19" tire it will be hard to find a ct or even a rear mt to fit the bike. I know I use the same size front tire on my bike and can't find a decent rear mt that will fit. Sad
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BoomerBob Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am

As a general rule CT's are not good for the front of bike. The front wheel has different dynamics in a turn. We don't know if this side hack would be on all the time or just part of the time.

The front tire tends to wear out evenly on the sides and middle whereas the rear tire will wear out the middle long before the side wear out.

The question is moot though. There isn't near enough clearance between the forks for a CT on this bike.

BoomerBob

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down