Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts

+6
DEFREEZER
simpleman77
jedishon
nodakbassmaster
vs800rider
lham
10 posters

Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts

Post  lham Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Check it out, 04 1300 C, 73,000 miles, 10,000 on triple tread, 33,000 miles on Michelin. (Like the triple tread better). the old tire still looked great when I took it off. Anyway, here it is Simpson.
Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Memshades

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Goin
lham
lham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty Re: Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts

Post  vs800rider Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Wow that is one nice looking ride. Smile
vs800rider
vs800rider

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty Re: Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 am

nice fit! Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 am

Looks great. Have you got a closer look from the rear so we can see how its mounting? Basic brackets?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty brackets

Post  lham Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:29 am

The brackets came with it. Standard quick disconnect memphis shades brackets. It was an easy install, fit perfect & I have the 5" shield which I like.
lham
lham

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm

I'll tell you what, I usually don't like the Batwing but yours looks great. I like the black over red that you are doing. Very nice. Does the hardware let you remove it easily?

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty brackets

Post  lham Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm

It came with the trigger lock mounts, takes about a minute to remove it or put it on.
lham
lham

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Here is mine after I painted it.Photobucket" alt="" />Photobucket" alt="" />
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty fairing

Post  lham Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Great job on the color match, sharp bike. The fairings startin to grow on me.
lham
lham

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 pm

DEFREEZER

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Picture003

Nice looking bike. You got any pics of the inside of the fairing?

I might be showing how dumb I am but I have got to ask about the tread pattern on that front tire. Wouldn't it push water towards the middle the way it is now? Question
vs800rider
vs800rider

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

i will take some pics of the back of the fairing sunday, but as far as the front tire, it is a metz 880 and the directional arrow is pointed in the right direction, put 15000 miles on the one before this one. rode in thunder storms, hail even a tornado, no problems other than having to pick all the debris off of the bike and myself after getting blasted from the tornado affraid
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:13 am

I
DEFREEZER wrote:i will take some pics of the back of the fairing sunday, but as far as the front tire, it is a metz 880 and the directional arrow is pointed in the right direction, put 15000 miles on the one before this one. rode in thunder storms, hail even a tornado, no problems other than having to pick all the debris off of the bike and myself after getting blasted from the tornado affraid

A tornado?!! affraid affraid affraid I heard about you Mississippi boys! lol!
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty Memphis shades fairing

Post  13gator69 Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:19 am

Hi all, that looks really nice on your scoot there. I've been lookin for a good while for something for my 1800 C. Is there a website for that direct line. If there is can you post it I'd like to check them out. I know about Memphis shades and had seen some of there products in different cats., That fairing would kill 2 birds w/1 stone for me. It comes over the controls and would keep that wind off ur hands at least. You gotta a nice ride . Thanks Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 am

Don't know if this has been posted before however check out my friend Glenn's fairing. You get a nice hand-made fairing with audio and all the needed wiring you just add the radio. You can give your bike a WOODY Smile Glenn is a good man you can trust to do you right. These are not cheap fairings but you get what you pay for.

http://www.woodysfairings.com/products.html
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:28 am

13gator69 wrote:Hi all, that looks really nice on your scoot there. I've been lookin for a good while for something for my 1800 C. Is there a website for that direct line. If there is can you post it I'd like to check them out. I know about Memphis shades and had seen some of there products in different cats., That fairing would kill 2 birds w/1 stone for me. It comes over the controls and would keep that wind off ur hands at least. You gotta a nice ride . Thanks Gator

http://www.directlineparts.com/
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 am

Photobucket" alt="" />

It does not have any structure for radios or speakers but the four mounting points allow you to add a rectanglular piece of sheet metal that i will mount my GPS and what ever else i might think of. I like the fact that i can easliy remove it and replace it with a small windshield or no screen at all.Photobucket" alt="" />
As far as paint matching i remove a side cover, took it to my local automotive paint shop and they scanned it then reproduced it for me.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 am

The tornado was scary, i was trying to get home before the storm hit, pulled off the super slab at my exit and was waiting in traffic for the light to change, heard the sirens go off and saw the funnel cloud coming. I had no where to go, locked in traffic and the light seemed to last forever before turning green. I could see all the limbs and leaves coming my way so i braced for it and got covered in debris. Had to do some off roding the rest of the way home to go around downed trees. took me a while to get all the grass and junk out of the hard to reach places on the bike but all was good as i was safe and had very little damage on the farm.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:24 pm

DEFREEZER wrote:The tornado was scary, i was trying to get home before the storm hit, pulled off the super slab at my exit and was waiting in traffic for the light to change, heard the sirens go off and saw the funnel cloud coming. I had no where to go, locked in traffic and the light seemed to last forever before turning green. I could see all the limbs and leaves coming my way so i braced for it and got covered in debris. Had to do some off roding the rest of the way home to go around downed trees. took me a while to get all the grass and junk out of the hard to reach places on the bike but all was good as i was safe and had very little damage on the farm.

I'm glad. Could have been ad from the sounds of it. Thanks for the pics.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  vs800rider Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm

DEFREEZER, thanks for the pics they were exactly what I was looking for. Very Happy Glad to hear your trip with the tornado wasn't worse and that you didn't end up in Kansas. Laughing
vs800rider
vs800rider

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 pm

I saw some good deals for a MS Batwing fairing, your choice of windshield and mounting kit on Ebay for $358.97
CLICK
1800R
1300C
1800C
1300R/S
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 am

00 Doc wrote:I saw some good deals for a MS Batwing fairing, your choice of windshield and mounting kit on Ebay for $358.97
CLICK
1800R
1300C
1800C
1300R/S

Good find Doc.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Do you guys with the MS fairings get any vibration or anything like that with the MS mounts?

Just wondering.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Memphs shades fairing from direct line parts Empty vibs

Post  lham Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 pm

I had mine past much more than I should have & had no vibration with the 5" shield.
lham
lham

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I do get some rattling at certain RPM's, but i think with alittle adjustment i can work that out. have not had time to fine tune the fit yet.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down