Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just about 2 years

+8
spud1800r
X Ring
simpleman77
Goose
Otis56
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
smokey2255
jedishon
12 posters

Go down

Just about 2 years Empty Just about 2 years

Post  jedishon Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:43 pm

In a few days this site will have it's 2nd birthday. 2 years ago I was wondering if putting a car tire on my bike was a real option. I had seen a link to here on Twin1300's signature from another site (that I will not mention) and decided to see what it was about. The rest they say is history. I have met and continue to meet some great people here. There are over 1600 members. Not all are active and not all have made the switch. A few have made the switch and gone back to a mt. I like reading every ones story, even the ones that didn't like it. I would like to thank every one for the great stories. But I would really like to thank our founders and the admins that keep us up and running. If it wasn't for you guys I would have crashed and burned by now.

Thank you all

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Just about 2 years Empty Re: Just about 2 years

Post  smokey2255 Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 am

I can't speak for the others but keeping this forum going is something that I enjoy. I don't always get to post as much as I want but thankfully yall do a really good job of jumping in and answering questions and adding info to it. I do want to apologize for not having had the chance to sift through all the posts and clean up from our hacker experience. But again yall are great about working around it all. Yall keep up the good work and thanks for playing.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 am

I'm thinkin' I've been around since the start of this site and I've only met two people from here and that's Smokey and his wife Cassie.I rode right at 31,000 miles in 2008 and this year I'll have right at 25,000 miles so I know its not me not getting out. I've post several rides on this site with trips to Texas , Louisiana,Mississippi,Georgia, North Carolina , South Carolina ,Florida,Alabama ,Arkanas, Kentucky , Indiana ,Illinois ,Missouri,Virginia,West Virginia, Pennsylvania and only met two people Sad
Picture below at the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia in June 2009.Maybe I need a VTX to fit in here if thats the case I'm only wasting my time and yours posting to this site.

Just about 2 years VOAI-WVRide074Large

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:and only met one person Sad
Picture below at the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia in June 2009.Maybe I need a VTX to fit in here if thats the case I'm only wasting my time and yours posting to this site.

maybe that will change in april Very Happy

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Very Happy Also don't do alot of time on the computer so don't do alot of posting either
however I would like to say THANK YOU! to all who are involved in making this
site happen!
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Goose Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I'm thinkin' I've been around since the start of this site and I've only met one person from here and that was Smokey .I rode right at 31,000 miles in 2008 and this year I'll have right at 25,000 miles so I know its not me not getting out. I've post several rides on this site with trips to Texas , Louisiana,Mississippi,Georgia, North Carolina , South Carolina ,Florida,Alabama ,Arkanas Kentucky , Indiana ,Illinois ,Missouri,Virginia,West Virginia, Pennsylvania and only met one person Sad

Now Joe I've tried to hook-up with you several times, and not giving up! So hang in there we'll
get to ride together some day, and I for one enjoy seeing your posts more than all! As a matter of fact I've planned many of my rides because of the rides that you've posted on this site!
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Well, I have been coming here for less than a year but every one of y'all have been helpful. I put my first car tire on my first motorcycle the day after Memorial Day 2009. Have run near 7,000 miles and the Federal still looks like new. I have this board and its members to thank for helping me make the decision, but it was the heated, senseless, ridiculous and sometimes just plain stupid tire debates over on the shadow site (y'all know of which one I speak) that really got me looking at the viability of a car tire. I think that Mark "Old Dad", Steve-O and TTexasTim really hit the mark with my reasoning. I love thinking outside the box and a car tire on a motorcycle was just far emough outside that I stopped and looked.

Thanks to everyone, members, mods and administrators who make this site run. I am really looking forward to next April in Robbinsville.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I'm thinkin' I've been around since the start of this site and I've only met two people from here and that's Smokey and his wife Cassie.I rode right at 31,000 miles in 2008 and this year I'll have right at 25,000 miles so I know its not me not getting out. I've post several rides on this site with trips to Texas , Louisiana,Mississippi,Georgia, North Carolina , South Carolina ,Florida,Alabama ,Arkanas Kentucky , Indiana ,Illinois ,Missouri,Virginia,West Virginia, Pennsylvania and only met two people Sad

Joe, you met me at Southbound 3. Going back to Sweet Tea and Punisher's house from the coast, I got soaked from Punisher's I/S when we ran through that shower south of Hattiesburg. That started me seriously considering converting and asking a lot of questions. Halloween weekend I put my first d/s tire on my Valk and the rest is history. I love it. This past Monday, I rode through a serious downpour coming home from a Patriot Guard mission. I never felt as confident riding in the rain on a m/t as I did on the c/t. Listening to you and the other guys talk that weekend, reading every thread I could and watching Dag's videos made me see the light (dark? scratch ). You were as much a influence as Punisher, Warlock, Beekeeper, Magoo and everone else that was there.

Marty
X Ring
X Ring

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Smokin Joe, come on we all might not be able to meet up with ya, but I'll tell ya, you post up some of the best pics and ride reports on the net!!
I always look forward to the Dragon pics especially!
keep it up, we don't care what you ride, long as it has a Darkside... Twisted Evil
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  xhdskip Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 am

Not been a member here very long at all.
Don't know many of the members as I ride a Triumph Rocket.
Know about all of them guys from the rocket forums we all visit.
Never had the pleasure of riding with you guys YET.
I look forward to that changing in the future.
I've been running a Riken Raptor 225X55X16 on my Rocket for about 6 mos now.
The wife has one on her Rocket too.
We won't be going back.
I know it takes alot of work to keep this forum running smoothly.
Thanks to everyone who makes it work.
Y'all ride safe,
skip
xhdskip
xhdskip

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Rambler Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 am

All i want to say is THANK YOU !to everyone .
Rambler
Rambler

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 pm

i want to thank yall as well.it is because of the determination and thinking outside the box from yall great peeps on here that allowed me to see a ct on a bike and helping me with my questions to be able to mount one on my 85.ever since i rode on the ct,it has been the best experience that i've had with a tire on a bike.i loved it then, love it now ,and will allways love it.so,THANKS BRO'S for saving me quite a bit of money from now on and the stability that the ct provides on my ride cheers very much appreciated. kenny

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 🎅
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:31 pm

This is my Happy Place. Very Happy

Thanks Guys and Gals for making this the best site. Cant wait to the gathering. If uncle Sam allows me to go I will be able to the next gathering.

Merry Christmas Yall.
Happy trails.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down