Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vulcan 900 now Darkside

3 posters

Go down

Vulcan 900 now Darkside Empty Vulcan 900 now Darkside

Post  vulcan08 Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 am

Put a 195/65-15 General Altimax HP. Had trouble getting the bead to set with a tube on my spoked rims from the classic so I ordered a 900 Custom (cast) rim from ebay and got it to seat finally. About 100 lbs and sitting in the sun, 2 beers later and it was good to go. So excited, have about 500 miles on it and love it. Can't believe that more people don't do this but, whatever, I like it and I am done spending $500 a year for rear tires. Still haven't got to play in the rain yet but definitely notice the increased control during braking and have been dragging my floorboards more than ever with how hard I can push it into turns, even just around the neighborhood. Safe riding and thank you to everyone with the great info. Also, for anyone else who mounts their own tires found this nugget of info from the shadow portion of this forum, use Pam (yes the cooking spray) super slick and doesn't drip everywhere like soapy water and hardly leaves a film, cleans right off and is sprayed right where you want it. Thanks again for all the great info.[img][/img]Vulcan 900 now Darkside Photo

vulcan08

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Vulcan 900 now Darkside Empty Re: Vulcan 900 now Darkside

Post  vulcan08 Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 am

Vulcan 900 now Darkside Photo

vulcan08

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Cool, now ride it over for the VROC rally in cortez next June. I'll buy the first round.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  MrClean Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:03 am

You'll Bust your A$$!

and for what, a little extra miles? I've only got 18,000 miles on mine and it's getting close to being worn out. Running 30 pounds of pressure today, smooooooooth.

I'd be on my 3rd MC tire.

MrClean

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down