Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best time of the year to be down

3 posters

Go down

Best time of the year to be down Empty Best time of the year to be down

Post  cerooth Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 pm

It has just starting to cool off down here in the Tourist Trap from hell. It's now in the low to mid 80's with lower humidity then the past 7 months of rainy afternoons. Make me fee great to jump on my scoot only to have it not turn over. It acted like the batter was low, so I sucked it up and put my battery on a charger until the next day. Made it the 4rth time this year that I had to take the truck. I placed the fully charged battery in and it turned the engine over but nothing.....still nothing....... whipped out my multimeter and began testing everything. Battery is good, jumped the bike with my truck and got it running to check the charging system, it's good, ran through every test I could think of and then preformed a leak down test and wow, on a bike that's only suppose to draw 2 miliamps I was finding a reading of 10.56 VDC. Started unpluging connectors until I found one that changed that reading and foudn it to be the starter relay. It had jumped down to 0.024 from the 10.56VDC once I unplugged it. Jumped online to order a new one and after my jaw hit the floor for the price $65.00 for a relay when most auto places sell relays for less the 20 bucks and then even more to have it rushed to me. So now I'm looking at $98.00 total for the relay and having to wait over a week for the part during the best riding weather I could ask for her in central FL. With any luck I still might get a few decent rides in before winter sets in and I have to think about a jacket.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Best time of the year to be down Empty Re: Best time of the year to be down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 am

wire up a 5 dollar relay in the meantime or permanently to replace it?

sucks being in that situation, but I'm enjoying it getting up to 50 and riding here.... your weather is still hot! Laughing

3 days ago we got 4 or 5 inches of snow...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:57 pm

The living on a student budget thing is what's really killing me. I should have my new relay by Thrusday and by Friday I get to find out if I have someone else moving into my 1 bedroom apartment with all of their stuff.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Bummer about the bike being down. I really liked living just outside of Daytona. Rained every day between 3 & 4, just enough to cool you off.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down