Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while...

3 posters

Go down

Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while... Empty Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while...

Post  DocRawk Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:06 am

Finally got the bike looking like I want it to. Only thing I'd do at this point is chrome the wheels, forks, and final, but that's just too much $$$ for me. I'm contemplating polishing, but we don't get those long drawn out winters down here in Texas, so it's hard to justify leaving the bike apart for that long... It's a satisfying and depressing day all at once... Neutral I'll give the 205 a spin once I wear this tire down some more, but that'll likely be the only mod I do until after I finish med school...in 4 years.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while... Empty Re: Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while...

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 am

Hey PurpleHaze,

I am being to think chrome is over rated. Riding every day rain or shine has wreaked havoc on my chrome....I am going to black a lot of it out! JMHO

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while... Empty Re: Ordered my last bit of chrome for a while...

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Brandon, good luck with Med School. Do well with that and future mods shouldn't be a problem. Short term sacrifice = long term gain.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm

twin1300 wrote:Hey PurpleHaze,

I am being to think chrome is over rated. Riding every day rain or shine has wreaked havoc on my chrome....I am going to black a lot of it out! JMHO

...............bobby

The fact that my second job, private guitar teacher, has me running from one person's house to the next keeps me from being a rain or shine guy. It'd be fine if it were just work and home, but I can't really expect people to be ok with me showing up in drenched rain gear to give their kid guitar lessons in their living room, not to mention that my guitar isn't water proof. So, chrome it is!!! I enjoy washing, polishing, and wrenching quite a bit also. Living in the city, there are even days I'd take polishing over riding in bumper to bumper traffic when I don't have time to get out to open roads...
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down