Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a little info....got a trailer hitch

5 posters

Go down

Need a little info....got a trailer hitch Empty Need a little info....got a trailer hitch

Post  TexasRon Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Hello Dark Siders.....Names Texas Ron....in Tyler Texas. and I got a question
I've got an 06 1300R with the hidden trailer hitch and I bought the Viva II 205/65/15...
Is there going to clearance problems with the hitch ?
Thanks

Last edited by TexasRon on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexasRon
TexasRon

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.sohc750.net

Back to top Go down

Need a little info....got a trailer hitch Empty Re: Need a little info....got a trailer hitch

Post  horseman8m Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:23 pm

That is going to be VERY close.
there was someone that made there own hitch and rode a 205 under there he might be along soon .
if not do a search for it and read whet he did.
good luck
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Need a little info....got a trailer hitch Empty Re: Need a little info....got a trailer hitch

Post  Badmoon Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:28 pm

That is gonna be tight like two bowling balls in a marble sack.............
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasRon Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:43 pm

So, do I need to go with a smaller tire >? like a 70 or 75?
I seen the thread where the guy made his own hitch
TexasRon
TexasRon

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:14 am

70 or 75 is going to be taller, not smaller in width. The 205 is the width. I think the next size down is going to be the 165/80r15. I had that one on my bike for a while and liked it, just wanted a wider tire. Others will be along as well.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  willajabir Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I've been unable to find a hitch solution also. I can do some handy work, but not complete fabrication of a hitch. I have the Viva II 205/70/15 on my 1300R.
I love it, but now can't use my trailer. We need a solution for those of us that can't do fabrication of the hitches ourselves. I found a man in Tn that made me one for my Silverwing scooter. It was great and permanent. I'm trying to talk him into building one for me X.
willajabir
willajabir

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 am

Hubby has a C model and we just bought a trailer. A friend of ours is working on us a hitch that will fasten to the outside of the fenderrails and only be on when we need it. On the c model, I wouldn't want it on all the time anyway. When we get his new fender, hopefully, there will be enough room for a hitch under there.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasRon Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Well I got a 195/65/15 Uniroyal, so far it's a go. I am heading to Mammoth Springs, Arkansas Thursday morning for the weekend. I'll see how it rides. Thanks for the responses
TexasRon
TexasRon

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm

So, how did it go/tow Smile
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasRon Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:21 pm

It went well, a little tricky, took some getting used to but over all...I like it. I didn't tow as the little woman decided to stay home.
TexasRon
TexasRon

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:57 pm

So the 195 is on and the hitch didn't rub??
let us know if the tire rubs with two-up and towing .
oh and take pics of clearance if any.
Thanks for the ride report.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasRon Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Seems to have plenty of clearance....the old biker feller that put it on just had to take it for the first spin and man I'm guessing he weighed just about the same as me and the little woman, maybe a tad bit more.
TexasRon
TexasRon

Back to top Go down

Need a little info....got a trailer hitch Empty Tire update

Post  TexasRon Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Alright, so we took off with my harbor freight trailer in tow and the Darkside with us and hit 32 states, from Texas to NY, East Coast to the Washington State, down the Coastal Highway and most parts in between and about 27k miles, with a total of about 32k on that Uniroyal tire. No problems at all, didn't give me one bit of concern on wet or dry pavement or gravel, nor did it rub, well it did on the bolts, but I remedied that quickly. I'm replacing it in the next few days with another just like it.
TexasRon
TexasRon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down