Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy)

4 posters

Go down

New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy) Empty New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy)

Post  PhubaiPsycho Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Hello Darkside Riders, Looking for info. I have a 750 Honda Spirit 750 (2007) with the spoke wheels. My current size tire is 160/80/15 74S and according to the info on this site, I should use a 195/60/R15 to replace. A couple questions; should the rear tire be radial or bias, (my front tire is a MAG-MOPUS-G515 Bridgestone) Question and do I have to change the innertube from the OEM to something else, and if so, what type of tube? I plan on changing the tire myself thanks to the post on this site on how to build a bead breaker out of a 2/4 on the basement wall. My last question, so I balance the CT the same as I would with a MC tire, and will there be any issues with seating the bead on the CT. Thanks in advance for you help.............Cheers! confused

PhubaiPsycho

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy) Empty Re: New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy)

Post  horseman8m Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 pm

First check with the guys on the shadow thread most of them start with the 165/80r15 but if you think you have the room then try and measure the gap around the tire you have already.
Don't worry about the radial or bias thing there not on the same axle.
I would always buy a new tube when i changed tires on my bikes with spokes, just get another motorcycle inner tube.
when you air it up soap the rim and tire and clip the air chuck to the valve stem and use the other end of the air hose as an on and off valve and stay back until you hear both beads pop, take it easy once you get over 40 psi.
good luck and be careful.
horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy) Empty Re: New Darkside Rider ( If I can figure out what size tire to buy)

Post  Steve-O Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:17 pm

kumho 165/80r15 is what you want to start off with. Lot's of 750 guys have had luck with this. Use an oem mc tube. good luck and let us know how it goes. Post on the shadow section and more of the 750 guys will chime in.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 pm

165/80/15 is the size you want..... Wink

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  PhubaiPsycho Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks to all who replied. I will start with the 165 tire and a new inner tube and send pictures when I get it changed out.
Thanks again for the info.

PhubaiPsycho

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down